Orlando to port Canaveral transport

SarahInPA

Hi all!  We are looking at transportation from Orlando airport to a hotel near the port Canaveral.  Trying to find out best option

We have a 4 year old and do not plan to bring her car seat, so we will either need a shuttle or rental car and rent a seat. 

We'd like to come in the day before we depart and spend an evening in a hotel. 

We will also need transport back to the airport on our last day from the port. 

Hit me with your recommendations for transport (cat rental or shuttle) and hotels, preferably with a pool

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, SarahInPA said:

Hi all!  We are looking at transportation from Orlando airport to a hotel near the port Canaveral.  Trying to find out best option

We have a 4 year old and do not plan to bring her car seat, so we will either need a shuttle or rental car and rent a seat. 

We'd like to come in the day before we depart and spend an evening in a hotel. 

We will also need transport back to the airport on our last day from the port. 

Hit me with your recommendations for transport (cat rental or shuttle) and hotels, preferably with a pool

Thanks! 

Many prefer the one way car rental.  Easy drive to Port Canaveral and most all the rental companies are near the port so easy drop off of your car with a free shuttle to the ship.

Since you're arriving the day before, a rental car will be most convenient. Pick any of the ones listed on the map below.

Then consider a hotel with free parking during your stay end drop tghe car on the morning of your cruise:

Rental-Car-Map-Web-1.jpg

All the cruise hotels have pools! What is your budget?

Here is a comparison of parking costs:

Hotels-Park-Cruise-768x591.jpg

I  second the recommendation for using a one-way car rental pre-cruise.  Unless your flight home leaves after about 2:00 or so it's not worth the hassle to rent a car back to MCO, just book with one of the popular shuttles like Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cortrans.

You can also search the family cruise board to see how others travelling with young children figured out transport issues.  Target and Amazon sell travel booster seats - some are even inflatable!  bringing your own seat is the only way to guarantee that the seat has been properly maintained and fits your daughter.

Have a great cruise! 😎

I found it preferable for me to stay in a hotel close by that has  a shuttle from the airport the hotel.  Stay the night and in the next morning, take that hotels shuttle back to the airport. Use the GoPort bus to get to Port Canaveral terminal.

Upon arriving after the cruise,  take GoPort back to the airport for my flight.

All decent hotels have a shuttle service to their hotel.

Edited by JMorris271

33 minutes ago, JMorris271 said:

All decent hotels have a shuttle service to their hotel.

Lots of decent and even very nice hotels and luxury resorts in the Orlando area do not offer airport shuttles - but I agree that there are many decent hotels close to the airport (with shuttles) to choose from.

27 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Lots of decent and even very nice hotels and luxury resorts in the Orlando area do not offer airport shuttles - but I agree that there are many decent hotels close to the airport (with shuttles) to choose from.

Gosh, gee whizzz. my Bad.   I should have said  many.  Thanks for the correction. I shouldn't have generalized.

Edited by JMorris271

30 minutes ago, JMorris271 said:

Gosh, gee whizzz. my Bad.   I should have said  many.  Thanks for the correction. I shouldn't have generalized.

No problem - I often find that my fingers are not moving as fast as my mind.  Cute cat.  My "puppy" is now 50+ pounds, but still thinks she is a lap dog. 😉

• Like 1