Cruise Critic News: Holland America Adds James Beard Award-Winning Chef to Cruise Line's Culinary Council

LauraS

• Administrators

(5:30 p.m. EST) – Holland America Line has added another award-winning chef, Seattle-based Edouardo Jordan, to its Culinary Council. Chef Jordan, who specializes in "food with roots," will create dishes for the menus in the cruise line's main dining room and the Lido Market buffet. Sample offerings, drawn from his signature restaurant ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
JyRo84Ujcls

View the full article

Other than Rudi's Sel de Mer's full restaurant on Nieuw Statendam and the pop-ups on Westerdam, Volendam, and Eurodam, I have been generally disappointed in the other specialty chef's offerings.  David Burke's creations on the Pinnacle Grill menu this December and January on Eurodam and Volendam were delicious, however.  And, others with whom I spoke who ordered them agreed.

It will be interesting to experience what this gentleman's addition to the Culinary Council will provide.

Sel de Mer will be a tough competitor!  In all dining aspects:  it is great!!

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Other than Rudi's Sel de Mer's full restaurant on Nieuw Statendam and the pop-ups on Westerdam, Volendam, and Eurodam, I have been generally disappointed in the other specialty chef's offerings.  David Burke's creations on the Pinnacle Grill menu this December and January on Eurodam and Volendam were delicious, however.  And, others with whom I spoke who ordered them agreed.

It will be interesting to experience what this gentleman's addition to the Culinary Council will provide.

Sel de Mer will be a tough competitor!  In all dining aspects:  it is great!!

Ditto👍👍👍👍👍

Sel de Mer is beyond excellent!

Brings me back to Le Dome in Paris every time !

Denise😊

• Like 1