Junior suite on the Scenic Crystal

rachelfran

I’m booked on a Danube cruise on the scenic crystal .. we booked the junior suite on the sapphire deck but now that I’ve seen the review on cruise critic - I’m afraid we made a bad choice.  It says the shower is half the size to make room for a tub that we won’t use.  Can anyone comment on this? Are we better off with a deluxe balcony?  Thanks! 

We were in Junior Suite 201 on the Crystal in October.  The shower is indeed on the small side.  For us the tub was wasted space.

This was our second Scenic cruise.  We had a regular balcony suite on the first cruise and decided to step up in size for the second.  We appreciated the extra space between the foot of the bed and the wall in the Junior Suite.  Some friends in a standard balcony suite raved about their shower with the mood lighting, etc.  Our shower was a basic, smallish shower.

Looking at the cabin information on the Scenic web site it looks like the living space in the Deluxe Balcony might be close to the Junior Suite.  The bathroom is smaller but probably has the nicer shower.  For us, the Junior Suite gave us Table La Rive, the extra space and some other percs we didn't really use, for a lower price than a Deluxe Suite on the Diamond deck.  It was also convenient to be at the front of the ship when we wanted to make a quick run to the room.

I just checked with my wife and she agrees that the shower is too small.  She would prefer a Deluxe.  Or a Royal Balcony Suite if we are feeling flush.😎

10 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

We were in Junior Suite 201 on the Crystal in October.  The shower is indeed on the small side.  For us the tub was wasted space.

This was our second Scenic cruise.  We had a regular balcony suite on the first cruise and decided to step up in size for the second.  We appreciated the extra space between the foot of the bed and the wall in the Junior Suite.  Some friends in a standard balcony suite raved about their shower with the mood lighting, etc.  Our shower was a basic, smallish shower.

Looking at the cabin information on the Scenic web site it looks like the living space in the Deluxe Balcony might be close to the Junior Suite.  The bathroom is smaller but probably has the nicer shower.  For us, the Junior Suite gave us Table La Rive, the extra space and some other percs we didn't really use, for a lower price than a Deluxe Suite on the Diamond deck.  It was also convenient to be at the front of the ship when we wanted to make a quick run to the room.

I just checked with my wife and she agrees that the shower is too small.  She would prefer a Deluxe.  Or a Royal Balcony Suite if we are feeling flush.😎

091 - Bath and Shower on Scenic Pearl IMG_4361 14-10-2019 2-47-11 PM.JPG

092 - Bathroom Vanity on Scenic Pearl IMG_4362 14-10-2019 2-47-14 PM.JPG

093 - Junior Suite Desk Area on Scenic Pearl IMG_4363 14-10-2019 2-47-55 PM.JPG

094 - Junior Suite Bed on Scenic Pearl IMG_4364 14-10-2019 2-48-04 PM.JPG

I am not sure why my photos posted like that but never mind.  Rachelfran I think I commented on your post on another site, but we too had a Junior Suite on the Pearl in October.  We were in 304 on the Diamond Deck.  Unlike Jeb_bud, we didn't find the shower too small, but having said that we haven't been on any other rivercruises, so maybe it was smaller than usual.  We stayed in four hotels on that trip though and the shower seemed the same as in those hotels.

I posted the photos to give you some idea, please ignore our washing hanging in the shower!

8 hours ago, djh1959 said:

I am not sure why my photos posted like that but never mind.  Rachelfran I think I commented on your post on another site, but we too had a Junior Suite on the Pearl in October.  We were in 304 on the Diamond Deck.  Unlike Jeb_bud, we didn't find the shower too small, but having said that we haven't been on any other rivercruises, so maybe it was smaller than usual.  We stayed in four hotels on that trip though and the shower seemed the same as in those hotels.

I posted the photos to give you some idea, please ignore our washing hanging in the shower!

That bathroom is different from ours on Crystal. It looks like your shower might have been bigger than image.thumb.jpeg.e4a47f4a917642c51e1700a09daebe5f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e4a47f4a917642c51e1700a09daebe5f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3714963df31ee5c93e8119de85f4014d.jpeg

Edited by jeb_bud
Tried to delete excess photos

Sorry for the multiple images. It’s my first attempt to add a photo. I tried to add two photos but wound up with multiple copies of one photo. Bottom line is apparently different ships have different bathrooms in Junior Suites. From what I can see, Pearl’s is nicer than Crystal’s. 

Sorry for the multiple images. It’s my first attempt to add a photo. I tried to add two photos but wound up with multiple copies of one photo. Bottom line is apparently different ships have different bathrooms in Junior Suites. From what I can see, Pearl’s is nicer than Crystal’s. 

9AA3CCEC-2712-400A-BFF8-6A1BFF5BE807.jpeg

371C62A3-2960-496E-B74D-9A334F8AF4F4.jpeg

Edited by jeb_bud
I got both photos but nw they’re rotated.

I know Scenic has been carrying a lot of refurbishment so I’m wondering if that’s why the difference. We’ve never been in a junior suite but do appreciate the deluxe it has just that little bit of extra space. Prefer middle of the deck towards the bow and we’ve never had a problem with noise either from the top deck or the lounge. Enjoy your cruise. CA

15 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

Pearl had only been refurbished earlier last year, so you may well be right.  In fact the room we had booked was previously not a Junior Suite.  They added two extras Junior Suites to the Diamond Deck last January.  We were very happy with the size of the bathroom and shower.  From what we were told the original bathrooms were shower over bath, which I would not have been to impressed with.