Long Beach time before flight plan

medi130

I'll have around 8 hours before my flight leaves after my cruise. I wanted to visit Santa Monica or take a tour of la sites. My concern is my luggage. I'm debating renting a car for that reason. Any other options for my luggage? Or opinion on things to do? Thanks 

6 hours ago, medi130 said:

I wanted to visit Santa Monica or take a tour of la sites. My concern is my luggage. I'm debating renting a car for that reason. Any other options for my luggage?

Renting a car would be a good solution for luggage storage but if you don't want to rent a car you can just Uber to Santa Monica. Once you get there I would just pick a nicer hotel (Fairmont, Shutters on the Beach, Loews, etc) to have breakfast or lunch at and they will be more than happy to check your luggage. 

6 hours ago, deecruise2 said:

Is it unreasonable if our flight leaves out of LAX at 6pm Saturday, for us to go to Universal?  And if so what do we do with our luggage there?

You would be too tight for time. Universal, like Disneyland, gets packed with locals on the weekend so lines and crowds are much longer/larger than they are during the week. If you got off the ship by 830 and were to Universal by 10-1030, you would need to check your bags at either the Sheraton or Hilton on site which wouldn't have you walking into the park until 1130am at the earliest. You'd have to leave the park no later than 330 to get bags and Uber to the airport. Lines on a Saturday are going to be long and you won't get much done.