Amsterdam Neptune Suite Noise

golflover51

1 minute ago, golflover51 said:

Can anyone tell me whether Neptune Suites on Amsterdam which are located below the Lido Market are noisy and if so at which times of day?

As long as you are not under the galley and under the carpeted part of the Lido, you should be ok.  The deck plans are your friend 😉. Look above.

Under Canaletto is a good spot IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golflover51 said:

Can anyone tell me whether Neptune Suites on Amsterdam which are located below the Lido Market are noisy and if so at which times of day?

If you're in the process of choosing one, look for one under Canaletto. I never heard a sound when I had one under there.

Choose your location well.  We were in 7036 and were subjected to noise from rolling carts until around midnight and the noise started up again around 5:30.  It detracted from an otherwise wonderful cruise to Alaska.  We were told that nothing could be done about the noise but after I wrote a complaint and turned it into the office, the racket stopped at least during the night.  You wouldn't expect some of the most expensive rooms on board to be the nosiest.  Not all the suites were subjected to this. We asked around and the ones under the carpeted area were ok.  

1 hour ago, Ga Hiker said:

Choose your location well.  We were in 7036 and were subjected to noise from rolling carts until around midnight and the noise started up again around 5:30.  It detracted from an otherwise wonderful cruise to Alaska.  We were told that nothing could be done about the noise but after I wrote a complaint and turned it into the office, the racket stopped at least during the night.  You wouldn't expect some of the most expensive rooms on board to be the nosiest.  Not all the suites were subjected to this. We asked around and the ones under the carpeted area were ok.  

The noise from the Lido deck IMO is why on the ships built after the Amsterdam all have the majority of the Neptune cabins two deck below the Lido deck (thus cabins above and below).