MSC Divina Lights

Cape

I know this question was about the Divina, but I was shocked to find out (at least for our room) on the Seaside that you couldn't just stick any old card in the slot, it HAD to be your room card! A driver's license or credit card inserted in there would cause a flashing red light to blink and then the lights would go out. I guess the card slots now have the technology to read the chip (or magnetic strip) in your cruise card! 

1 hour ago, eastoftheboston said:

I know this question was about the Divina, but I was shocked to find out (at least for our room) on the Seaside that you couldn't just stick any old card in the slot, it HAD to be your room card! A driver's license or credit card inserted in there would cause a flashing red light to blink and then the lights would go out. I guess the card slots now have the technology to read the chip (or magnetic strip) in your cruise card! 

I put the YC card from Meraviglia into the Seaside's cardholder and it works fine. That why I bring some older MSC cards to the cruise. It can even lock/unlock the lockers in the spa area. That's another perk of the YC. 🙂

Edited by blordos
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, blordos said:

I put the YC card from Meraviglia into the Seaside's cardholder and it works fine. That why I bring some older MSC cards to the cruise. It can even lock/unlock the lockers in the spa area. That's another perk of the YC. 🙂

May have worked be because both ships use RFID technology.

Edited by sidari