Rotterdam transfer

northernphoenix

6 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

We are hoping to travel via HAL transfer from Rotterdam to Amsterdam to connect to a 11AM flight.  Is this at all likely?  And if not, what options should we be prepared to use? 

For EU flights you need to check in at Schiphol Airport 2 hours before the flight; for intercontinental 3 hours. It will take about a 1 hour drive from the terminal to the airport. Saturday morning will not be as busy as normal. My opinion: if intercontinental: try to book a later flight, because I think a transfer with passengers and luggage leaving at 7 AM and arriving and unloading at 8AM is almost impossible. Even a taxi will not deliver you in time.  If leave with a EU flight, maybe a flight g=from ROtterdam The Hague airport is the best thing to do if you wish to leave early.

2 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

We stayed in Amsterdam for a few days during our last visit...I expect that we will need to repeat this, since there are. It many options flying to Canada with a direct flight.

If you plan to come this year in May, please look for a hotel immediately because in that month the European Songfestival in Rotterdam and Formule car racing in Zandvoort will attract more tourists than ever (and the hotel prices sky high). 

No very unlikely with a HAL transfer. If you realy want to be at the airport in time, book a private transfer and take your luggage of the ship yourself.