Santa Barbara suggestions

DaveOKC

We were just there a few weeks ago, but for a much more limited time, 7am-2pm.  Before our cruise, I'd asked for advice here as you have, and received very helpful replies; see the link below.  You will certainly have more options with a full day.

Because this was not only a short day for us, but also our last day before disembarkation from a 20-day cruise (which meant plenty of packing to do), I opted not to spend that much time ashore.  In any event, nothing was open at 7am.  So I wound up going ashore around 9 or so and taking the State Street shuttle into town.  I got off near the Courthouse and went up to the Tower.  There are indeed great views from there, and the building itself was quite interesting.  After that, I wandered around the streets, admiring the architecture and enjoying the weather, before trying to get a shuttle back to the tender pier.  It was a total cluster bomb.  It was about 90 minutes before the last tender, and the shuttles were supposed to be running every 10 minutes, but we waited more than half an hour before seeing any shuttles at all.  Then some came and passed us by. I was about to walk back to the dock when one finally came and stopped.   And then our shuttle didn't stop for others further down the line. 

I am quite certain you will have a better time.   

Edited by Turtles06

It depends on your interests. If you like good wine I'd arrange a private tour to some of SB's better wineries. If you could find a couple other couples, it would make it more cost efficient.

Or you could stay in town and visit the Mission, the Botanical Gardens, SB Museum of Art, The Presidio, SB Zoo (tiny but charming), have lunch at the Four Seasons Biltmore and more. Again, it depends on your interests.