Pearl Penthouse Suite (SF) 8130 or 8132

Heavy's wife

I am contemplating this room on a future cruise. I found this YouTube video when I was doing some research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKaIW6MKbX8

Also - I found this out when doing a mock booking. If you choose 'Suite' on the initial booking you get one price. When I chose 'MiniSuite', it then offered me to 'upgrade' for 'X' $/day/pp and the total ended up being about $300ish less.

• Like 1

We were in one of these Cabins on the Jade for 2 weeks. If you normally sail in suites on the bigger NCL ships you will NOT like these cabins. They are very small and the arrangement is  poor. Our favorite cabin at sea is 12304 on the Breakaway. When we walked into this “suite” on the Jade we said this is the smallest suite ever. We vowed to never sail again  in this category on the GEM ships. IMPO it is not worth the money. Save your money and get a minisuite. 

10 hours ago, Tallyfins said:

I am contemplating this room on a future cruise. I found this YouTube video when I was doing some research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKaIW6MKbX8

Also - I found this out when doing a mock booking. If you choose 'Suite' on the initial booking you get one price. When I chose 'MiniSuite', it then offered me to 'upgrade' for 'X' $/day/pp and the total ended up being about $300ish less.

Thanks for the link.  Cabin looks great.  I am just wary of deck 8 above the Bliss lounge.  I think we might stay in our mini-suite which I carefully chose the location.

Has anyone stayed in any of the following Aft Penthouse suites recently? As with the OP, I too am concerned about the noise from Bliss and the bowling lanes on Deck 7 below. Can anyone confirm noise issues in rooms 8630, 8632, 8132, or 8130 on the Pearl?

I am looking at a trip next month on the Pearl and the available suites are down to about 3-4. (The other are Forward on the front of the ship, cost about $500 more, and I'm worried about them being too windy).

Thanks,

TF

47 minutes ago, Tallyfins said:

Has anyone stayed in any of the following Aft Penthouse suites recently? As with the OP, I too am concerned about the noise from Bliss and the bowling lanes on Deck 7 below. Can anyone confirm noise issues in rooms 8630, 8632, 8132, or 8130 on the Pearl?

I am looking at a trip next month on the Pearl and the available suites are down to about 3-4. (The other are Forward on the front of the ship, cost about $500 more, and I'm worried about them being too windy).

Thanks,

TF

I decided to stay in our mini-suite, instead of upgrading.  Got a nice on-board credit as well.  We will be on the Pearl next month as well.  March 15th cruising.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:33 PM, Granny DI said:

We were in one of these Cabins on the Jade for 2 weeks. If you normally sail in suites on the bigger NCL ships you will NOT like these cabins. They are very small and the arrangement is  poor. Our favorite cabin at sea is 12304 on the Breakaway. When we walked into this “suite” on the Jade we said this is the smallest suite ever. We vowed to never sail again  in this category on the GEM ships. IMPO it is not worth the money. Save your money and get a minisuite. 

Thanks for the info. Other than the size of the cabin being a disappointment, were there any noise issues, if you were on deck 8 just above the Bliss lounge?

We were on deck 10. Noise below never bothers me because I am a night owl...but can’t stand noise above especially early in the morning. We were just disappointed with the layout of the cabin...not a lot of useable space. The minisuites we saw walking down the hall looked better to us. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heavy's wife said:

Thanks for the info. Other than the size of the cabin being a disappointment, were there any noise issues, if you were on deck 8 just above the Bliss lounge?

There have been discussions here in the NCL forum about whether folks have heard noise from the Bliss Lounge.  You should try to search for them, or start a new thread, as you may not get many replies here to your new question buried in this thread, especially since your thread title doesn't call attention to that issue.

Any chance there are SFs available on Deck 10? 

Good luck!

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There have been discussions here in the NCL forum about whether folks have heard noise from the Bliss Lounge.  You should try to search for them, or start a new thread, as you may not get many replies here to your new question buried in this thread, especially since your thread title doesn't call attention to that issue.

Any chance there are SFs available on Deck 10? 

Good luck!

Thanks for the search tip.  No SFs on Deck 10.  

On 2/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, Heavy's wife said:

Other than the size of the cabin being a disappointment, were there any noise issues, if you were on deck 8 just above the Bliss lounge?

I just read the following comment by CC member @kjquilts on a current thread in which a poster was asking about aft-facing staterooms on the Dawn:

I would NOT recommend deck 8 aft facing balcony on the Dawn because they are above Bliss Ultra Lounge.  We had very bad experience on the Pearl in one of those balconies.

• Like 1

I went ahead and booked one of the forward facing cabins and the balcony is HUGE in comparison. We booked 9502 since it was 2 decks down from the bridge (instead of 10502 which is directly below the bridge windows). I think that will be nice - and certainly much quieter than the aft ones on 8 near Bliss...

9 hours ago, Tallyfins said:

I went ahead and booked one of the forward facing cabins and the balcony is HUGE in comparison. We booked 9502 since it was 2 decks down from the bridge (instead of 10502 which is directly below the bridge windows). I think that will be nice - and certainly much quieter than the aft ones on 8 near Bliss...

Let us know how it works out.  I think you are on the same cruise as us.:)