UK booking -Upgrade cost?

Lolou127

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this, we’re booked in a GTY SS2 which has been allocated as an accessible SS2 which is fine, but recently a number of SS1 cabins have become available, I called and was told the cost would be an extra £250pp, but the agent couldn’t explain this cost I.e. is it the extra cost or is it an admin fee? 

anyway because I wasn’t happy with the explanation I emailed guest services and asked for an explanation and they’ve said the cost of the upgrade is £250pp no matter what the difference is on the website between the costs when we booked and now, has anyone else been told this ?

43 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Guarantee cabins are always cheaper than specific numbered cabin. S1 will also be more expensive than S2.

Thank you, yes I understand it will be more expensive, what I thought was odd was they are saying it’s £250 irrespective of what the price difference might be at any given time!

I booked our upcoming cruise with a uk TA. Subsequently enquired about upgrading and the TA called celebrity to get a quote for the specific cabin we were interested in. No other fees, just the price difference between the two cabins.