Move Up Bid - Range

HBDave

Is the Move Up Bid Range Amount the same for every guest in a particular cabin category regardless of what their original cabin cost was?

Example: If one Concierge Cabin was booked for $1,000 and another was later booked for $1,500 would their Move Up Bid Range be the same?

Edited by HBDave

I don't believe any one here knows the proprietary logarithms that are used to maximize their revenue.    I would believe that it will be the same regardless of cost you paid for the cabin.   The reason for this belief is that they are looking for additional revenue.   After final payment the move up additional revenue would be the same regardless of the rate you had paid.  

Just my opinion.       You might ask others on your roll call and compare.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't believe any one here knows the proprietary logarithms that are used to maximize their revenue.    I would believe that it will be the same regardless of cost you paid for the cabin.   The reason for this belief is that they are looking for additional revenue.   After final payment the move up additional revenue would be the same regardless of the rate you had paid.  

Just my opinion.       You might ask others on your roll call and compare.

Thanks Jim!

It's just odd that to even get the needle out of the red (lol), I'd have to bid more today then the cost difference between the two categories as listed on the Celebrity Site and the Move Up Bid would not include the additional CC Points or Four Perks if bidding on a Suite.

Edited by HBDave

I agree -   If it is cheaper then just call and upgrade at the current price then you get the points and perks.   Remember that you don't get the 4 Perks for a Suite unless you already have them.     Only exception is RS and Above where you get some amenities with the room (not considered perks) 2 Bottles and Bar Setup, Unlimited Laundry and Unlimited Specialty Diining. 

• Like 1