MSC Meriviglia Feb 16, 2020 7 Day Western Caribbean with photos

Match Game 72

5 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Is it ok with a copy of the passport when you leave the ship for excurtions. I Don t like to take the original passport out of the ship...in This area

we never take our passports with us ashore when sailing in the Caribbean. Only the driver's license as a photo ID.

11 hours ago, ms sjsky said:

Thanks for the great review and pictures!  We'll be sailing for the first time on MSC in September on this ship.  Is the MSC for Me app free to use for anyone, or do you need to sign up for a wifi package?  I'm not tech savvy, but if I could use the app while on the ship then I will download it.

Thanks.

The app MSC for Me connects for free to the ship's wifi. I suggest downloading it at home before you get to the ship. Then, it is very easy to connect and use the free chat function for passengers over 18.

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we never take our passports with us ashore when sailing in the Caribbean. Only the driver's license as a photo ID.

We had our driver's licenses with us in addition to the cruise card. We were never asked to show the license in the ports. YMMV

Just now, Match Game 72 said:

We had our driver's licenses with us in addition to the cruise card. We were never asked to show the license in the ports. YMMV

we had to show it in Puerto Rico only.

On our 3 last cruises it was stressed a lot that a picture ID needs to be taken ashore at all destinations.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:15 PM, Match Game 72 said:

The balcony was an average size and comfortably fits two adults. We ate breakfast on the balcony a few mornings. We did not use room service. Instead, I just ran up to the buffet and got what we liked.

Our balcony was inset from the outer most line of the ship. This meant that we got more shade and less wind than balconies that stuck out. Something to keep in mind if you like the shade vs. the sun.

DSCN5744.JPG

DSCN5745.JPG

Thanks for the great review.  We have a cabin on the "indented" part of the ship also and I was concerned that there would be too much shade - we'd prefer sun. Do you suggest we change cabins?  Thanks!! 

18 hours ago, Jupie Jup said:

Thanks for the great review.  We have a cabin on the "indented" part of the ship also and I was concerned that there would be too much shade - we'd prefer sun. Do you suggest we change cabins?  Thanks!! 

You're welcome.

We had beautiful ocean and sunset views. We did not have direct sun on us. We also did not feel like it was too windy.

Only you can decide what is likely to make you happiest.

The cabins on the same deck as the life boats had direct sun, but a limited view. We could look down on them from our balcony.

1 hour ago, Match Game 72 said:

You're welcome.

We had beautiful ocean and sunset views. We did not have direct sun on us. We also did not feel like it was too windy.

Only you can decide what is likely to make you happiest.

The cabins on the same deck as the life boats had direct sun, but a limited view. We could look down on them from our balcony.

We're on deck 13 and have the Aurea experience - I was told we're limited to deck 13 and 14.  I'm happy to have a higher deck, just would prefer more sun.  Thanks for your info. 

• Like 1