Edge Magic Carpet/Infinite balcony/smokers

newyorkray

Is anyone else besides me not impressed with the magic carpet and the infinite balcony on the Edge. I sailed several months ago on the Edge. Highest overall price in my many Celebrity cruises but I understand, it's a new ship. Beautiful ship!! However, I tried to make reservations upon boarding for the Magic carpet and it was all booked (I had been told you could only book on board). The infinite balcony was less impressive, nice but no big deal. My wife and I are smokers. I understand non-smokers and I am always considerate. However, on such a big ship smokers were relegated to such a small section on the back of the ship just down from the smoke stacks where nobody would sit anyway. All the smokers complained about being covered in soot from the smoke stacks and it being a very windy spot. I don't expect the non-smokers to be understanding and I also understand the animosity from non-smokers but at least 16-18% of the population smoke, a little better area (of which there are many) out of the path of the majority non-smokers would have been nice. The other Celebrity ships have always had a better private area.

Not sure where that smoking area was that you described.

There was a nice smoking area just outside of EDEN shade and nice views, no soot. I don't smoke but liked sitting out there

Never saw soot at the other area..just up from the outdoor burger place near the pool. Nice chairs and tables, breezes and good view. I even enjoyed sitting with dh when he had his cigar..

We enjoyed the inf balc  for a Carib itin as well as a Sunset Veranda on ABC cruise.

We also missed out on res for dinner on the EDGE..,but overall enjoyed the ship!

There are two (2) smoking sections on The Edge...

Which were identified in the Daily OR any crew member would direct you...

As for The Magic Carpet dining, this needs to be done very quickly upon boarding as usually, there is only one (1) sitting for a seven (7) night sailing and possibly a 2nd for longer, both contingent on weather co-operation. It is quite popular, to be sure.

I traveled with a few smokers last November on The Edge and they never complained about any soot, so this must be a new phenomena happening and sorry you encountered that situation.

bon voyage