Penalty for cancelling before final payment, June 8th?

We are Canadians and although not sailing until August, am trying to understand why on the website it is telling me I will have a fee of $836 if I were to cancel today...our final payment is not until June 8th. We have paid our balance in full, had purchased vacation protection and paid for gratuities for 4 .I thought there was no penalty for cancelling prior to final payment? Help, please. Just wondering in case the travel advisory that has been issued stating to Canadian "don't cruise" is not lifted by then....I'd rather cancel before final payment than after. 

insurance is normally non refundable since you have been covered since the day you booked it.
Maybe you also have a non refundable deposit.

I would wait until closer to final payment, maybe  Carnival will extend there cancellation policy’s dates.  
  I was in the current cancel dates and the gave me a FCC for my non refundable deposit.  

The deposit does not say non refundable at all in my booking details, or initial deposit paid. The prepaid gratuities is $391.72, so I am still not sure about the remaining $446. May wait it out and see what happens between now and first week of June. Hoping things will get sorted out by then. We would still very much love to take our cruise...the only thing that would hold us back would be that our government continues to advise us not to cruise....my husband's work sent out an email today, advising those going away for the break next week to refrain from cruising or visiting the countries on their advisory list (Italy, China, etc) or we are "on our own" in terms of not be paid to take time off.