Confusion over Option #1 and Option #2

kaerofan

Just a little bit confused because there's been so many changes.  My family was scheduled to cruise today (March14) on Regal Princess.  When I called Princess Tuesday they told me that I needed to cancel before midnight (9 p.m. west coast time) to receive the FCC,  so that's what we did because we were afraid that if we didn't cancel before the 72 hour deadline we might not get anything.  My question is, now that there have been some changes made to the cancellation policy, are we eligible for the Option #1 or Option #2 (or not? because we had already cancelled before this change)?

This applies to your booking:

If you booked with a travel agent, they will be able to assist you through the process.

For guests that have already cancelled a March 6-May 31, 2020 cruise or cruisetour on or after January 20, 2020, they will automatically receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees; There is no need to call Princess. The FCC will be available within the next 30 days.

Mar 9 – Apr 3, 2020

Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees

Edited by mringenoldus

I was given a website address by passenger services on the Sun Princess, disembarked early in Sydney on the 19th March ( http://*****/pcl pauseref) ) to pick Option1 or 2 in order to receive a refund of either option 1 50% refund of cruise fare as a future cruise credit etc or option 2 25% refund of cruise fare etc, this was for the Sun Princess which did not go to the last 2 ports on this cruise. This website does not seem to exist and I am totally baffled as to what to do next. Can anyone help me.

I do not believe that is the correct form -   there is another form  as @Mal46   says

has  a link that does not work.

For a start it has a gap in it - no link will work with a gap.  

I have tried many permutations  but cant crack it  and I expect it will take ages for Princess to reply

when I query it.

15 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I do not believe that is the correct form -   there is another form  as @Mal46   says

has  a link that does not work.

For a start it has a gap in it - no link will work with a gap.  

I have tried many permutations  but cant crack it  and I expect it will take ages for Princess to reply

when I query it.

Princess told me to use the form on this page this week:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause.html  

It is halfway through called "information and instructions....." in blue clickable link. Maybe this is for US/Canada people. 

Edited by Coral

There is I believe a different form depending on the circumstances.

In my case I was on the Sea Princess   Mal46 was on the sun princess.

we have the same link BUT the compensation is different and   both will differ from

the form you have linked to.

IF you were on a ship where the journey was cut short  your letter you got on the ship

will probably have different amounts. 

13 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

There is I believe a different form depending on the circumstances.

In my case I was on the Sea Princess   Mal46 was on the sun princess.

we have the same link BUT the compensation is different and   both will differ from

the form you have linked to.

IF you were on a ship where the journey was cut short  your letter you got on the ship

will probably have different amounts. 

You are right.