Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

It is looking like Coral Princess will be departing for our shores in 5 - 6 days. She will be heading back into Port Everglades again soon. and spending 1 1/2 days in port spread over two different docks.

Back out to sea for a bit, then returning for another short stay in PE on Monday/Tuesday and I think this will be her final stop prior to departing. I haven't calculated time zones, but expect to see her sailing south towards the Panama Canal sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The trip appears to be Panama Canal, a service stop in Papeete, then on to Brisbane for arrival on the morning of 7th June

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, vegemeter said:

Would someone kindly give me a general update on when more ships will be in our waters? Thank you! 

Sydney Ports cruise page shouldn't be far from being activated. It will be lots easier to check when that happens.

Based on first sailings, but may be here a bit earlier.

Coral Princess (Brisbane) - June

Pacific Encounter (Brisbane) - August

All the remaining ships, including these start to arrive from October:

Pacific Adventure

Carnival Splendor

Ovation of the Seas

Quantum of the Seas

Majestic Princess

Grand Princess

Queen Elizabeth

HAL Noordam?? All itineraries are currently showing as unavailable

HAL Westerdam

Celebrity Eclipse

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Sydney Ports cruise page shouldn't be far from being activated. It will be lots easier to check when that happens.

Based on first sailings, but may be here a bit earlier.

Coral Princess (Brisbane) - June

Pacific Encounter (Brisbane) - August

All the remaining ships, including these start to arrive from October:

Pacific Adventure

Carnival Splendor

Ovation of the Seas

Quantum of the Seas

Majestic Princess

Grand Princess

Queen Elizabeth

HAL Noordam?? All itineraries are currently showing as unavailable

HAL Westerdam

Celebrity Eclipse

Don't forget about Norwegian Spirit, who will be in Australia in December.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Don't forget about Norwegian Spirit, who will be in Australia in December.

I had forgotten NCL, but wasn't hoping to get anywhere near 100% anyway. Any others missing?

4 hours ago, vegemeter said:

Do we have any idea on a day that HAL are likely to list those cruises on their site?

Noordam was there for ages, but were all on hold when I looked yesterday. I actually thought they were about to unlist them, but they are back up today. Likely they have made some alterations to those itineraries around restricted ports, although I couldn't be bothered to check.

Westerdam cruises are also up, so a 2 ship summer hints that they already know there will be good news coming out of NZ today.

I just read that the Holland America ship Westerdam is coming here for a short season. Looking at a 13 day cruise in November this year. I haven’t done a Holland America cruise before as I usually go on RCI, Princess or Celebrity. I would love to hear opinions from anyone who has been on Holland America before. 

55 minutes ago, queenslander said:

I just read that the Holland America ship Westerdam is coming here for a short season. Looking at a 13 day cruise in November this year. I haven’t done a Holland America cruise before as I usually go on RCI, Princess or Celebrity. I would love to hear opinions from anyone who has been on Holland America before. 

Loved our one HAL cruise on sister ship Oosterdam. Lovely ship, comfy cabins, good food. To me HAL feels like Princess used to be, and is a bit old fashioned. The ship is comparably quiet after 10pm.

They have nice itineraries, and it is good to see a couple of varied ones for Westerdam. The only reason we haven't done more HAL is they repeat the same itineraries each year, and most are 2 weeks plus which is a bit long for us to both fit into holiday plans every year. They are certainly worth a try, and for special dining, Le Cirque night in Pinnacle Grill was memorable.

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Loved our one HAL cruise on sister ship Oosterdam. Lovely ship, comfy cabins, good food. To me HAL feels like Princess used to be, and is a bit old fashioned. The ship is comparably quiet after 10pm.

They have nice itineraries, and it is good to see a couple of varied ones for Westerdam. The only reason we haven't done more HAL is they repeat the same itineraries each year, and most are 2 weeks plus which is a bit long for us to both fit into holiday plans every year. They are certainly worth a try, and for special dining, Le Cirque night in Pinnacle Grill was memorable.

Thank you for your reply as it sounds really positive about HAL cruises. I've  had to cancel so many cruises due to Covid that I'm booking quite a few this year and with various cruise lines! Can’t wait to cruise again! 

Joyce

• Like 1

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 15th May 2022

I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) and who we might see down-under this year 2022: 

Note: Looking for the Coral Princess?, she will be mentioned in a separate update below this one, latter today 🙂 .

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Sapphire Princess and a Costa cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships15052022.jpg

Diamond Princess - Is currently sailing of Limassol, Cyprus:

diamondprincess15052022.jpg

Pacific Adventure - Is currently sailing towards Augusta, Italy.

pacificadventure15052022.jpg

Pacific Encounter - Is currently docked in Trieste, Italy.

pacificencounter15052022.jpg

Cruise ships which are about to restart service:

Pacific Explorer - Docked back at White Bay, after a trip out to sea and a trip around Sydney Harbour:

pacificexplorer15052022.jpg

Cruise ships which have restarted restart service:

Carnival Splendor - Has restarted service, is Currently docked in Juneau with Carnival Spirit:

webcam315022022.jpg

graph1505202202.jpg

juneauharborwebcam1505202202.jpg

Celebrity Solstice - Has restarted service, Yesterday (14th May 2022) she has left Seattle on her 2nd cruise to Alaska, she is currently on her way to Ketchikan:

celebritysolstice15052022.jpg

Royal Princess -  Has restarted service. She is currently docked in Vancouver getting ready to sail on her 2nd cruise to Alaska.

royalprincess15052022.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Has restarted service. Yesterday (14th May 2022) she has left Seattle on her 2nd cruise to Alaska, she is currently on her way to Juneau.

ovationoftheseas15052022.jpg

• Like 2

Perhaps not the place to discuss this but does anyone have the scoop on why we are still awaiting the news that Singapore 'allow' international cruises. Isn't the market is going to be limited with all these ships that are laid up in Cyprus unless they can relocate via Singapore?

13 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure the ships can refuel and get provisions at Singapore, or many other places, they just cannot take on passengers

Indeed. Pacific Explorer relocated last month from Cyprus to Sydney via Singapore.

1 hour ago, vegemeter said:

Forgive me I didn’t know that. However there are cruises in the later half of this year which begin in Singapore I believe and transit to us? Are they affected 

I guess if they are planning on carrying passengers from Singapore to here, they would be affected if Singapore is still closed to cruising. Viking Orion and Queen Elizabeth are the only ones I can think of off hand.

There may be others on their world cruise that would normally transit through Singapore, but would need to find an alternate port if still closed in the new year.

30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I guess if they are planning on carrying passengers from Singapore to here, they would be affected if Singapore is still closed to cruising. Viking Orion and Queen Elizabeth are the only ones I can think of off hand.

There may be others on their world cruise that would normally transit through Singapore, but would need to find an alternate port if still closed in the new year.

Singapore cruise society have an update on their page wrt this. Things may change very soon pending announcement

Edited by vegemeter
copyright issue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegemeter said:

Singapore cruise society have an update on their page wrt this. Things may change very soon pending announcement

Cool. Royal will be happy to be able to put Spectrum back to work.

The webcam shots at the canal have been pretty nice to see, but these are a notch-up. Follow this guys channel during the change of cruise seasons. Awesome to watch those ships that have been great to cruise on here.

Felipe Lee Cruises - YouTube

And there are a few videos of this old girl

• Like 1