Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Dora the Explorer didn't sail near Thursday Island she passed north of Hammond (Kerriri) Island then north of Wensday Island. 😇

Near is all comparative,  it Sailed nearer to Thursday Island than it did to here, so that is good enough for me.

• Like 1

It would appear that Zoltina, Queen of the P&O Cruiselings is CD on Pacific Explorer? 

What a silly name - Cruiselings, lol.

So when Pacific Explorer arrives at Overseas Terminal on Monday, where does she park until her first cruise on 31 May?

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

It would appear that Zoltina, Queen of the P&O Cruiselings is CD on Pacific Explorer? 

So when Pacific Explorer arrives at Overseas Terminal on Monday, where does she park until her first cruise on 31 May?

Zoltina Jane is good value, very personable and an excellent CD.

I do wonder if they will manage to get a few little cruises in prior to the 31st. TAs, gov officials etc perhaps, to demonstrate the procedures.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I do wonder if they will manage to get a few little cruises in prior to the 31st. TAs, gov officials etc perhaps, to demonstrate the procedures.

I reckon they will. 🙂

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is anyone on here a Cruisling? 😂 In the Zoltina Fan Club?

I also don't like the name 'cruisling'. I agree with the comment that Zoltina J is a good CD, but I am not in her fan club. She keeps recycling the same jokes, although she tells them well. Maybe she will have some new ones. 😁

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am, anyone that has cruised P&O is a cruising.

I must be a cruiseling then😂 Having done 5 on P&O UK and 2 on P&O OZ.

Looking at the Zoltina videos, she sure is a bubbly gal, no doubt the No.1 CD on P&O Straya.

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Zoltina is technically no longer a CD, but in an overseeing role as entertainment director. A bit like John Heald has been for Carnival, she has been the face of P&O throughout the shutdown. 

Yes, I think cruiselings is pretty dumb, but is just P&O marketing wordplay, but they have been using it for somewhere near 8 years. The aft of each ship has a "Like no place on Earth" tramp stamp, so I guess those aboard are no longer earthlings.

Pretty much answered above, she will head to White Bay 4 on Tuesday morning. That is the extra length of wharf adjacent to the White Bay 5 cruise terminal. When the Balmain residents start to cry fowl, they may move her up to Glebe Island.

Edited by arxcards
bad grandma
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yeah - nah. I doubt they would even invite anyone aboard for lunch, and any media would be done from the wharf. They have a big media grab on Monday when she arrives, and another for sailaway. In between, the remaining crew will be flying in to join the ship and they will be rolling through their quarantine steps to ensure the ship is 100% clear for start-up. Along the same lines, the crew are not coming ashore during this time either.

The last thing they would want is Karl Stefawhatisname sneezing on their ship.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Is anyone on here a Cruisling? 😂 In the Zoltina Fan Club?

Cruiseling? Nah mate, a bit too yobbo for me 😂

Zoltina fan club? Sort of. I am generally not concerned about who my captain or CD is, and I just let them get about their jobs and say hi in passing. Zoltina does impress me though. She is out there, does her job very well, and has a style that others seem to copy - mini-me for example. I can't recall the names of most of our CD's, so she must be doing something right.

Edited by arxcards
too many fish fingers
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Zoltina does impress me though. She is out there, does her job very well, and has a style that others seem to copy - mini-me for example. I can't recall the names of most of our CD's, so she must be doing something right.

Exactly my thoughts

• Like 2

Zoltina-J is a fun cruise director. I havent heard if she will be as cruise director for the Pacific Explorer cruises, though I expect she will be until the other P & O ships arrive in August and October, and then she may move back to her role as Entertainment Director.