Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 5th June 2022.

Here are the location of the last of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) who are waiting to restart there service.

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Adventure, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess and a two Costa cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships05062022.jpg

Pacific Encounter - Is still docked in Trieste, Italy:

pacificencounter05062022.jpg

Coral Princess - Here is an estimated position of the Coral Princess:

coralprincess04062022.png

coral-bridge05062022.jpg

Cruise ships which have restarted restart service:

Pacific Explorer - Departing Sydney last night:

kirribilli-20220604-1738-01.jpg

• Like 2

As reported on a different thread Celebrity Solstice was in Victoria (the Canadian one) Thursday. We watched her for about half an hour as she approached through the Salish Sea. I love the Celebrity "S" class ships they are just beautiful, not too big not too small.

• Like 1

So the local news channel has a show called "The Upside" and they are at our cruise port as I write this.

Ovation of the Seas is alongside now, Celebrity Solstice should be alongside shortly and Oceana Regatta is here as well.

They have set up a little game show with cheesy "Canadian" prizes asking Canadian trivia questions of passengers as they wander by, so far some Newlyweds from Utah are the only ones that got the right answers.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Diamond Princess called into Cyprus, but is now heading for the US West Coast for a resumption out of San Diego at the start of September. She has just transited the Suez Canal, and heading to Singapore to pick-up crew.

Pacific Adventure is now heading to Trieste Italy, where Pacific Encounter awaits. Encounter is expected to move out of Trieste in the coming days to start her transit to Brisbane.

• Like 4

After a brief photo opp, Encounter has just departed Trieste. First stop is back to Cyprus, but I expect she will be on her way down the Suez soon after that.

Just to think, in around 7 weeks we will be up to 3 ships.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

After a brief photo opp, Encounter has just departed Trieste. First stop is back to Cyprus, but I expect she will be on her way down the Suez soon after that.

Just to think, in around 7 weeks we will be up to 3 ships.

Who was that politician that said all the ships will be back before Christmas,  Greg Hunt?
‘I’m glad we got rid of him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Who was that politician that said all the ships will be back before Christmas,  Greg Hunt?
‘I’m glad we got rid of him.

We didn't, he retired before the election and went out on his own terms. That announcement of lifting of the ban was only days away, and got stoppered by a party cruise on Sydney Harbour that turned 1 infection into around 40.

Like any politician, they will never tell you which Christmas.

• Like 2

Update on Pacific Encounter:

After leaving Trieste, Italy, Pacific Encounter had a quick visit to Limassol, Cyprus:

pacificencounter04072022-2.jpg

Pacific Encounter left Limassol, Cyprus and is on her way to the Suez Canal:

pacificencounter04072022.jpg

Pacific Encounter is now in the Suez Canal!

pacificencounter04072022.jpg

14 hours ago, vegemeter said:

Presumably the ships heading to us are not taking passengers just crew? Exciting times!

The American ones, laden with pax from the USA are arriving in a few months, HAL's Noordam and Westerdam. I hope they are disinfected well upon arrival in Steak and Kidney.

Edited by NSWP

14 hours ago, vegemeter said:

Presumably the ships heading to us are not taking passengers just crew? Exciting times!

Correct for both P&O ships, and possibly Carnival Luminosa. The remaining 10ish ships will have passengers.

• Like 3

On 7/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, arxcards said:

Correct for both P&O ships, and possibly Carnival Luminosa. The remaining 10ish ships will have passengers.

Thank you. I think I read somewhere that they were collecting crew in Singapore? Good to see more ships in our waters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegemeter said:

Thank you. I think I read somewhere that they were collecting crew in Singapore? Good to see more ships in our waters.

Yes, lots of crew to board in Singapore.

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes, lots of crew to board in Singapore.

Was surprised this cruise by the amount of East European crew, particularly among the experienced staff in the Dining Room. Not seen this level before on Aus departures.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Was surprised this cruise by the amount of East European crew, particularly among the experienced staff in the Dining Room. Not seen this level before on Aus departures.

For Coral Princess, I gather? We have had a couple of cruises that come to mind where there was quite a few Eastern Europe waiters - Carnival Spirit and the early days of Sun Princess being based in Oz. 

I love that you use the word experienced, as that is a definite plus. For Encounter, i am expecting a few friends to jump aboard in Singapore. They have previously worked out of Brisbane on Pacific Dawn & Aria, and have been away from sea for such a long time now.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

For Coral Princess, I gather? We have had a couple of cruises that come to mind where there was quite a few Eastern Europe waiters - Carnival Spirit and the early days of Sun Princess being based in Oz. 

I love that you use the word experienced, as that is a definite plus. For Encounter, i am expecting a few friends to jump aboard in Singapore. They have previously worked out of Brisbane on Pacific Dawn & Aria, and have been away from sea for such a long time now.

Apologies, yes Coral.

The Dining Room Head was from Turkey, our table HW was from Serbia and his first was from Croatia. Our table HW has over 10 years with Princess, started on cruise ships when he was 15 he said. I wouldn’t put him much older than 30, but anticipated our every need. 👍

Must add that this was in the Club Class dining section on Coral, and if anyone is ever hesitant about the value of Club Class, we recommend the extra cost. Felt like the old days of TD 😮💨 but so much better.

We are booked on the ‘23 WC sector - Dover to Sydney and have waitlisted for Club Class - (currently have a balcony) - price be damned - the three meals a day was so worth it, the service topped it off.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Porky55 said:

How did you find them?  I found Eastern Europeans to be reserved, very different to the friendly crews seen on Australian ships.  

46 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

How did you find them?  I found Eastern Europeans to be reserved, very different to the friendly crews seen on Australian ships.  

I agree with this, we cruised on MSC some years ago; very European / East Med crew. As we had cruised from Perth to Rome, we started with Asian crew which slowly changed and it was very obvious the difference between nationalities.

But these wait staff crew on Coral were lovely, very friendly and as I said their experience showed, as in making you feel welcome, comfortable and a pleasure to deal with.

Edited by Porky55