Another FCC Question

We were scheduled to cruise on 5/2/2020 Symphony Of The Seas. We are anxious to set a new sail date ASAP since getting time off together as a family can be challenging. My 125% FCC isn’t scheduled to be issued until April 30. Some of the Symphony sailings in the fall that we are looking at as a replacement cruise have already gone up in price for a similar cabin and we’d like to book while they are still in our FCC price range. However, we don’t have the money to put a new down payment now.  If I call, can a Royal Caribbean agent book this for us and use the FCC that hasn’t officially been issued yet?

thanks

Ron

11 minutes ago, livingis2me said:

We were scheduled to cruise on 5/2/2020 Symphony Of The Seas. We are anxious to set a new sail date ASAP since getting time off together as a family can be challenging. My 125% FCC isn’t scheduled to be issued until April 30. Some of the Symphony sailings in the fall that we are looking at as a replacement cruise have already gone up in price for a similar cabin and we’d like to book while they are still in our FCC price range. However, we don’t have the money to put a new down payment now.  If I call, can a Royal Caribbean agent book this for us and use the FCC that hasn’t officially been issued yet?

thanks

Ron

Right now you can book and not pay a deposit until 5/31, by then the FCC will be available.

19 minutes ago, livingis2me said:

thanks

Ron

right now you can book and not pay a deposit until 5/31 if you go through a travel agent - not sure what the policy is if you book by yourself.

26 minutes ago, livingis2me said:

thanks

Ron

You can book a cruise, whether or not you need to put down a deposit depends I believe on whether or not you use a travel agent.

Whether you use a travel agent or not you cannot apply a FCC that has not been issued. 

Thanks for the replies! I guess that I will need to find a travel agent who can book me with no deposit and then have them apply the FCC once it is issued to me. My 125% FCC should cover the entire cost of a similar cabin for a fall cruise. 

thanks again!

Ron

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KBD1516 said:

It is my understanding the FCC cannot be used for a deposit. You pay the deposit and then apply the fcc to the balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book through a TA you can make a booking and the deposit is not dipped intil May 31 to allow time for the FCC to come in.  The FCC can then be used and if it’s large enough to cover the deposit then no deposit is needed 

if you did make a deposit and your FCC is large enough your deposit will be refunded. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you book through a TA you can make a booking and the deposit is not dipped intil May 31 to allow time for the FCC to come in.  The FCC can then be used and if it’s large enough to cover the deposit then no deposit is needed 

Thank you!

• Like 1

So I am having trouble finding a TA who honors this no deposit thing. I’m pretty sure that you can’t recommend TAs on the boards. IDK really?  I’ve used a couple of web based TAs in the past and when I search their booking interface it still shows a deposit is owed...  How can I find one that isn’t asking for a deposit? Is it ok on the boards to send me in the general direction of one? If so, can someone help me out here?

thanks 

Ron

We cancelled our May 24th Oasis cruise yesterday. When I called to cancel the agent at RCI told me I could rebook a replacement immediately and the deposit would not be due until 5/31. I had to call the regular number for booking, spoke to another fantastic agent, who took care of it all for me. So now we are sailing on Adventure to Canada/NE in October (aft corner balcony 🙂 ) She told me as long as I have the original booking number for Oasis, that the system will show the FCC and push out the deposit date. 

Our taxes, fees and gratuities are refunded on CC, cruise fare only in FCC,  My question is, the price of the new cruise (fare only) is $125 less than the FCC. Will the remaining be used towards taxes/fees/gratuities for the new cruise or will I just get another FCC. 

1 minute ago, VernRDH said:

We cancelled our May 24th Oasis cruise yesterday. When I called to cancel the agent at RCI told me I could rebook a replacement immediately and the deposit would not be due until 5/31. I had to call the regular number for booking, spoke to another fantastic agent, who took care of it all for me. So now we are sailing on Adventure to Canada/NE in October (aft corner balcony 🙂 ) She told me as long as I have the original booking number for Oasis, that the system will show the FCC and push out the deposit date. 

Our taxes, fees and gratuities are refunded on CC, cruise fare only in FCC,  My question is, the price of the new cruise (fare only) is $125 less than the FCC. Will the remaining be used towards taxes/fees/gratuities for the new cruise or will I just get another FCC. 

You will get another FCC.

Thanks  for reporting that you can get the no deposit until May 31 booking directly with Royal. 

Thanks Ken. That is what I thought. We will only owe about $200 more for the Adventure cruise, as it is 9 nights as opposed to 7 with 5 ports instead of 3. And its right before my 50th birthday!

• Like 1