Using 10% credit awarded after cruise cancellation

readingfast

Our April cruise on the Spirit to China and Japan was cancelled and we received a full refund.  We were also awarded 10% off any future new booking but, this had to be booked by the end of March 2020.

I  recently wrote to NCL in England because this cut off date seemed very unfair that, as most cruises have been cancelled, and under the later "Peace of Mind" agreement, people had several months to choose another cruise.

This is the reply I received:

"You can book your cruise until March 2021 but the sailing need to finish latest December 2022.
Did this sound's better to you?
Until March 2021 we all hope that this nightmare will finish.
Stay safe.
If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask."

Just in case I had misunderstood I checked again:

"Thank you for your reply.
This is correct, you can wait until you are comfortable to book another cruise but no later than March 2021.
If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask."

I thought I would post this as many others, like us, may think they have lost the 10%.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

Well you have even more strange information than me, I never heard anything about an expiration date. So yours is 10% off future and not 10% credit (from Spirit) towards the future? 

We've discussed a little here FWIW 

Keep in mind those emails are for someone booking in England. Those terms don't necessarily apply in the US.

The discount is a bonus from NCL, they want to incentivize us to book now rather than later. If you want to use it book now, if you're not ready don't book and pay whatever price is there later. You may get a better deal today, but if you're not ready don't book. These are stressful times, booking vacation shouldn't be part of that stress.

We had a similar offer: Canceled Sprit Japan cruise for November 2020. Full refund received and 10% discount provided to be used within 45 days, which was last weekend for us. We booked same ship for September 2020 Greece & Turkey, 10% discount was applied in addition to all other discounts.

We may decide to cancel prior to final payment and I fully expect that I won't have access to the 10% discount for a rebooking.

Cheers!

51 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

We had a similar offer: Canceled Sprit Japan cruise for November 2020. Full refund received and 10% discount provided to be used within 45 days, which was last weekend for us. We booked same ship for September 2020 Greece & Turkey, 10% discount was applied in addition to all other discounts.

We may decide to cancel prior to final payment and I fully expect that I won't have access to the 10% discount for a rebooking.

Cheers!

What happens if a new reservation using the FCC is cancelled at a later point in time?

Full value of FCC will be credited back to the guest’s latitudes profile if cancellation is outside of standard penalties. Cancellation penalties will be withdrawn from the FCC amount if applicable and remaining balance will be attached to guest’s profile.

This is from the FAQ under the Peace of Mind policy. I'm waiting for them to cancel the 4/19 Bliss. I used FCC from the Getaway fiasco to pay for part of that and I hope to get it back to apply to the Star Iceland cruise I booked for July 2021 using the 10% from the cancelled Spirit Japan cruise in November. 

They are going to need a new accounting system to keep track of all of this!