Nieuw Amsterdam VE cabin help please

chisoxfan

Hello. We finally got squared away on a BtoB on this ship and are very pleased. We had sailed on Eurodam previously and liked many things about her (BB Kings, Cabanas, size,etc.).

I tried doing searches on VE cabins but could not find any info/ recommendations.

We had booked 7111 and I saw subsequently 8013,14,20,23,24 were available. We generally like being higher and to the front of the ship but it would be greatly appreciated to hear any comments. What I gathered from skimming 33 pages of a post on a different site was that some balconies may be narrower, have more obstructed railings, and that some cabins may have shower vs/tub shower?

None of the cabins above were listed specifically.

So our laundry list questions would be:

Would some cabins have larger balconies?
Larger overhangs (prefer smaller)

Potential noise issues?

Walk in shower-preferred

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Heathy and Happy Cruising.

Some of the cabins on the 8 deck are underneath potential noise from the Lido Deck.  Look carefully at the Lido Deck plan to see where these cabins would be in relation to what is above.  Friends had a deck 8 cabin that unfortunately was directly underneath the pool area where deck chairs were arranged very early in the morning by staff!  We were due to sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam later this month.  Nothing r ebooked yet!

54 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Some of the cabins on the 8 deck are underneath potential noise from the Lido Deck.  Look carefully at the Lido Deck plan to see where these cabins would be in relation to what is above.  Friends had a deck 8 cabin that unfortunately was directly underneath the pool area where deck chairs were arranged very early in the morning by staff!  We were due to sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam later this month.  Nothing r ebooked yet!

Yes, after many cruises that is one thing I look at (cabins under pools or nightclubs) The 7 cabins have cabins above and the 8 cabins are towards the bow and don't appear directly under the pool.

All of the VD, VE, and VF cabins on decks 7 & 8 have the same size balconies: 6 ft by 9 ft. All have the same overhang.  Smaller balconies are on the deck 10&11 VQ and  the deck 5 mid-ship V.  Deeper balconies are on the deck 4 VE&VF: 4005 to 4042. But those have steel-wall railings, not plexiglas. If you don't like a large overhang, don't go to the deck 8 VAs.

All of those 7&8 VD/VE/VF have a shower-in-tub. To get a walk-in shower in a Vx you would have to go to one of the VC or VD on the aft end of decks 4, 5, and 6 that are marked with a * on the deck plans, such as 4173>4179, 5171>5183, and 6146>6173.

I have no experience with noise on the deck 8 forward cabins that you mention. Personally I would stick with the 7111 because we like to be near the "food end" of the ship. Most of the time when we leave our cabin we are headed first to food! 😀

Edited by catl331
  • Like 2

Another good resource to check out is https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

As noted above, all the cabins you're considering are "normal" verandahs with the same overhang, plexiglass rail panels, and standard baths+shower. The deck 8 cabins are underneath the spa which shouldn't generate too much noise, but the deck 7 cabin would definitely be quieter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catl331 said:

All of the VD, VE, and VF cabins on decks 7 & 8 have the same size balconies: 6 ft by 9 ft. All have the same overhang.  Smaller balconies are on the deck 10&11 VQ and  the deck 5 mid-ship V.  Deeper balconies are on the deck 4 VE&VF: 4005 to 4042. But those have steel-wall railings, not plexiglas. If you don't like a large overhang, don't go to the deck 8 VAs.

All of those 7&8 VD/VE/VF have a shower-in-tub. To get a walk-in shower in a Vx you would have to go to one of the VC or VD on the aft end of decks 4, 5, and 6 that are marked with a * on the deck plans, such as 4173>4179, 5171>5183, and 6146>6173.

I have no experience with noise on the deck 8 forward cabins that you mention. Personally I would stick with the 7111 because we like to be near the "food end" of the ship. Most of the time when we leave our cabin we are headed first to food! 😀

Great info. Thank you for taking time to respond!

• Thanks 1