Changing cabin before final payment due

tourismtessy

I booked through Princess and was wondering if it costs anything to change my cabin type.  Currently booked in an oceanview and looking at changing to a balcony on our Feb cruise.  Prices are good right now but I don't want to pay a "change" fee, just the price difference.  I would be calling Princess to make the change but don't want to busy up their lines if I can get question answered here.  Thanks in advance.

is the cruise still under the same promotion you booked under ?  If so, there "should" be no "change fee", just the difference in price 

if the promotions are different , well that's a different story - maybe good, maybe not so much

• Like 1

You need to check.  When I asked recently, going from balcony to deluxe balcony, could have lost the OBC I had.  I would still have drink package, gratuities but not the $500. not worth it to me because doing the Baltic cruise, would pay for excursions.

If you change to a different cabin type, then you have to re-fare to the current price and promotion. As long as you didn't book with a nonrefundable deposit promotion (and seeing that you are in the United States), there is no fee for changing (or cancelling) a booking prior to the final payment date.

You should be able to keep your booking number, your EZAir flights, and your prepaid shore excursions (even if they are currently sold out or their price has gone up). But you will lose the benefits from any promotions on your original booking that are not currently available (while gaining any benefits from the current promotion).

Just upgraded (like 10 minutes ago) from interior to balcony. Didn't lose any promotions (drink package, tips etc) and there was no charge for it, just paid the difference. 

When you call the message will tell you that are busy as heck with long wait times but call was answered within minutes. 

good luck

Edited by Cornteen
Spelling
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Cornteen said:

Just upgraded (like 10 minutes ago) from interior to balcony. Didn't lose any promotions (drink package, tips etc) and there was no charge for it, just paid the difference. 

When you call the message will tell you that are busy as heck with long wait times but call was answered within minutes. 

good luck

Very helpful----thank you!!