Sep/Oct/Nov 2021 Caribbean-Only NCL SKY?

droundtheworld

Was looking for Caribbean cruises for Sep-Nov 2021 and the only ship coming up in NCL SKY.  Also shows a number of ship doing Alaska in Oct/Nov 2021.  I have never seen any company do Alaska past September when the weather starts to get bad.  Think there is a major itinerary change coming?  Or is this a completely new strategy.  The lack of ships in Miami is amazing because they have their brand new terminal.  Just seems very weird.  

Sorry, IMHO, nothing weird about it.  We are living in a very, very challenging time period under the shadows and threats of a global pandemic with Covid-19.  Reality is that ... oh, never mind.  Somewhere out there, public beach is said to be open as long as social distancing is maintained - not sure if they made face mask wearing optional or entirely not needed. 

If it looks good to you, feel free to book it, at your convenience. 

Edited by mking8288

Since this is when we normally cruise, despite hurricane season, I have been very disappointed in this as well. We are hopeful things will be switched around to give more options than the sky. Our last ncl was on escape so I am afraid we would be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I can see nothing has changed (yet) with the October sailing in Alaska, I remember the schedule for the Bliss because I spent a lot of time debating whether to sail her in September and spend time in Seattle or do the last Alaska sailing and then the pacific coastal. 

I think NCL has their ships scheduled to sail more expensive itineraries into the fall this year instead of the cheap hurricane season October Caribbean cruises I love (i.e. lots of Atlantic canada and European in addition to the Alaska cruises). In fact a lot of transatlantic back to the states don’t run until very late november or even december this year. 

My bad I didn’t see the 2021 on your post before I posted, and for some reason I can’t edit my post which is all about the current 2020 schedules. I think the reason you are only seeing the sky, is they just haven’t released that far out yet for all ships. Fall cruises tend to get released a little later, and with everything that is going on a I think if we get next falls schedule before the end of the year we’ll be lucky.

The Sky is a nice little ship, and I enjoyed sailing on her a few months ago. Not sure I’d book this far out on her for her regular 3-5 day sailings. I would sail her again- I thought the service was amazing and the ship was very relaxing with never a wait or a problem getting seats. My favorite of the little ships so far (the others small ships I’ve sailed are Jade and Star). 

3 minutes ago, lepidoptera said:

My bad I didn’t see the 2021 on your post before I posted, and for some reason I can’t edit my post which is all about the current 2020 schedules. I think the reason you are only seeing the sky, is they just haven’t released that far out yet for all ships. Fall cruises tend to get released a little later, and with everything that is going on a I think if we get next falls schedule before the end of the year we’ll be lucky.

The Sky is a nice little ship, and I enjoyed sailing on her a few months ago. Not sure I’d book this far out on her for her regular 3-5 day sailings. I would sail her again- I thought the service was amazing and the ship was very relaxing with never a wait or a problem getting seats. My favorite of the little ships so far (the others small ships I’ve sailed are Jade and Star). 

I have sailed on the Sky a number of times for short cruises.  Just don't know how I would like her for a week or longer.  I have been enjoying the larger ships with Broadway entertainment and Vibe beach club.

Yeah I would only sail the Sky for a week or longer on a port intensive cruise, I don’t need 3 or more sea days on her, but I love having a lot of sea days on one of the larger ships. I love the venues and entertainment on the newer ships are great, but the small ships can be fun too. Lots of my irl cruising friends won’t sail the smaller ships, but I think they still have their place. 

• Like 1