Policy on refunds of drinks if cruise cancelled

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I searched but did not find the answer.

I have a November 15, 2020 cruise booked on Freedom of the Seas, and am thinking about buying the drink package as the price is low enough that it might be worthwhile for me now - we drink but not enough to make prior sales worthwhile.

If our cruise is cancelled by RCCL, or by us if we old folks are too high risk to travel yet, what is the refund policy on "extras" like the drink package? Cash back or future cruise credit?

29 minutes ago, GaTravelingMom said:

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I searched but did not find the answer.

I have a November 15, 2020 cruise booked on Freedom of the Seas, and am thinking about buying the drink package as the price is low enough that it might be worthwhile for me now - we drink but not enough to make prior sales worthwhile.

If our cruise is cancelled by RCCL, or by us if we old folks are too high risk to travel yet, what is the refund policy on "extras" like the drink package? Cash back or future cruise credit?

Credit back to the original form of payment.  You can cancel that purchase when ever you want.

29 minutes ago, GaTravelingMom said:

Currently the default is cash refund, however, the option has been put out there on the last 2 sets of cancellations to get 125% of the cost as an On Board Credit to use on a future cruise.  There is no guarantee that this will be offered in the future.

Remember, you can cancel any cruise planner purchases up to 72 hours before sailing for a full refund.

Steve

The OBC thing expired April 8. (They probably weren't getting enough takers :classic_rolleyes:) You can cancel whenever you wish for a full refund to your credit card. Up until 3 days before sailing.

Edited by Coralc

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

The OBC thing expired April 8. (They probably weren't getting enough takers :classic_rolleyes:) You can cancel whenever you wish for a full refund to your credit card. Up until 3 days before sailing.

I was just offered the 125% OBC on my cruise planner stuff on the 16th when our June 11th cruise was officially cancelled

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GaTravelingMom said:

Royal cancels, you get full cash refund unless you want the credit instead.