Pinnacle class ships - verandah cabin 8080 or 6100

DaveOKC

21 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We are considering booking on either Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam.  Looking at Verandah cabin 8080 or 6100, basically the same location and size (I think).  Which is a better choice and why?

Whenever I choose a stateroom, I look at what is above and below to estimate any potential noise isues. 8080 is under the Lido Pool Bar which could be an issue of scraping chairs during early moring and late evening cleanup. Choosing a stateroom without public areas either above or below.  6100 would be my choice.

Both staterooms are on the bump fronts and will have wind in your face while the ship is moving.  6128 on the back of the bump would be ideal with both a wind block and large balcony.

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

Both staterooms are on the bump fronts and will have wind in your face while the ship is moving.

But the forward partition (between 6098 & 6100 and 8078 & 8080) goes out to the railing. I think that would block most of the wind as long as you're back from the railing.

Edited by catl331

We were in 8186 earlier this year on Niew Statendam. The noise from the Lido bar above us wasn’t too bad-usual bar noises from afternoon on. About 5:30am you could hear them moving chairs around. Our problem with our room was the decorative blue tube lighting outside that runs across part of deck 8.  Find a nighttime picture of this ship and you’ll see what I am talking about.  It was so bright at night on the balcony you could not sit out there which is something I love doing when we cruise. Guest services said there was nothing that could be done about them. You may want to check out that nighttime picture and guess where 8080 is located and if it’s near those lights I would recommend choosing a different cabin.  992A8D86-6C78-4638-AAD0-CFD579EC60C7.thumb.jpeg.5c42cb72b9b817c4a8585d418a22fcd1.jpeg

2 hours ago, fusion927 said:

We were in 8080 on the Koningsdam last year. As I recall, that space is a storeroom.  We didn't hear any noise at all from above.

How did you like the cabin and would you book it again?

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

How did you like the cabin and would you book it again?

We liked it.  Obviously right next to the mid-ship elevators.  The room itself was nice.  Small, but that goes with the territory on a Pinnacle balcony room, but enough room for us.  Loved the bathroom.  Big shower, and the angled toilet didn't bother me too much!

It was a guarantee, so I don't remember the room number, but on the same ship we were in a deck 8 room further after (just in front of the Dive In as I recall), and in that room we always had the aft Lido deck music on the balcony.  Even at 11-12 at night 😒Didn't bother us in the room, but it was impossible to just listen to the ocean on the balcony.

I also like to sandwhich myself between two cabin decks to ensure I have a quiet cabin.  I would not book a cabin on deck 8 because you never know what is above you and what noises you will hear that may disturb your sleep and/or cruise.........

2 hours ago, doone said:

on deck 8 because you never know what is above you and what noises you will hear

We've had deck 8 cabins on 3 different ships and never had any noise problems because we chose cabins where we could tell what was above us ... Lido carpeted areas in two cases and a Lido pool cabana in the 3rd case.