How close to the cruise can you still book?

I'm sure someone on these boards knows EXACTLY..but as far as I know...since 9/11..you have to be 2 days out or more because the manifests have to filed and cannot be changed again prior to sailing.

In Sept. I tried to book a Disney Cruise a 3 night and wanted to book on Monday and leave Thursday, and couldn't DCL said it had to be 72 hours prior to sailing .. Becasue of the manifest and Homeland Security...

Now I don't know if that is the case on all cruise ships or not...:)

I was under the impression that the manifest for any sailing had to be turned in to the Coast Guard 72 hours prior to the cruise date.....:confused:
It is. It was changed, IIRC, approximately a year or so ago. I want to say Dec. of '03.

the manifest has to be to homeland security 72 hrs before sailing but i work for carnival and have people book the day before the sailingand get on the ship. we even had one person come to the terminal and book the day of the sailing ,although he had to get approval from homeland security and had to fax his passport info to them

WOW! and we thought booking the week before was cutting it close. Booked on a Monday and set sail the following Sunday. :eek: I still have time to pack and unpack and repack (3 times) before we sailed. DH still teases me about it... I can't help it. It's compulsive!:o

Archived