Changing Itinerary

I am currently booked on Freedom for 8/23 sailing.  I wanted to change to the Harmony for the same date.  I don't mind paying the deposit so it's not a big deal.  My TA doesn't seem to think Royal will let this happen.  Odds of the San Juan cruise is MUCH less likely of going than the Harmony out of Port Canaveral.  I wanted to change in case for some reason we get to port it would be much easier for us to get home in case something happens.  We're only about 8 hours from there so worst case we can drive home if needed.  Right now I have a deposit for the Freedom sailing and will ask for the refund for that if it gets cancelled.  Note that my 4/19 cruise was cancelled and waiting on FCC for that.  I would think changing to the Harmony with an entire new reservation would qualify for the CWC policy.  Am I missing something?

Sorry if this wasn't clear, too many thoughts flying in my head.

38 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I am currently booked on Freedom for 8/23 sailing.  I wanted to change to the Harmony for the same date.  I don't mind paying the deposit so it's not a big deal.  My TA doesn't seem to think Royal will let this happen.  Odds of the San Juan cruise is MUCH less likely of going than the Harmony out of Port Canaveral.  I wanted to change in case for some reason we get to port it would be much easier for us to get home in case something happens.  We're only about 8 hours from there so worst case we can drive home if needed.  Right now I have a deposit for the Freedom sailing and will ask for the refund for that if it gets cancelled.  Note that my 4/19 cruise was cancelled and waiting on FCC for that.  I would think changing to the Harmony with an entire new reservation would qualify for the CWC policy.  Am I missing something?

Sorry if this wasn't clear, too many thoughts flying in my head.

Yes this would fall under the CWC policy however, you can only apply 1 FCC per person to a reservation.

A few things

you would have to make final payment on both cruises to get refunded for the Freedom

what if Freedom doesn’t get cancelled.  You could cancel it under the CWC But you will only get back a FCC.

Best thing to do is to call them and mover your deposit from Freedom to Harmony keeping the same reservation number. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would consider waiting it out at least another month and make sure 8/23 sailings from Port Canaveral are going to happen. If cruises are cancelled past August you gotta start wondering about the viability of these cruise lines. At least some of them. I would opt for a refund and let it play out.

• Like 1