Will first sailings in August need to quarantine after?

A 14-day quarantine would kill the travel industry. They cannot enforce a 14-day quarantine for just a cruise line. They would need to enforce it for anyone traveling by plane, car, train, or whatever. There will be no vaccine for 24-36 months. Even if they rush one just to say they have one, it will not be effective and anyone taking it will need to sign a waiver of liability. It will never be tested properly or thoroughly. I am not an anti-vaccer, but I know how long it takes to complete trials and all legal obligations to bring a drug to market.

Honestly, you will see Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal file lawsuits against the government if they try to impose rules on them that all other industries do not follow. Imagine telling Disney World that they will be responsible for insuring any guest visiting must be in mandatory quarantine for 14-days after visiting. It would go over about as well as a fart in church.

2 hours ago, bigrednole said:

A 14-day quarantine would kill the travel industry. They cannot enforce a 14-day quarantine for just a cruise line. They would need to enforce it for anyone traveling by plane, car, train, or whatever.

A cruise ship going to foreign ports and back is much different than travel within a country. 

17 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

The wealthy and well connected of course!

I would hope first responders would get it first and then those in nursing homes including staff. Then all of those with underlying health conditions. Wishful thinking I know.

Do you really want to be first in line for a vaccine that is being rushed for a myriad of reasons including political ones?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you really want to be first in line for a vaccine that is being rushed for a myriad of reasons including political ones?

Exactly. Drug trials take years to complete and the FDA makes companies spend $Bs. The amount of money be thrown at this is in the $100Ms and they want it in 4 - 8 months. 5 years later the people that took it will have a 3rd foot growing out of their ear. But the vaccine will come with a 100% waiver of liability. 

• Haha 1