Are there Saunas on Brilliance, Enchantment &/or Freedom?

Hello - looking at New England cruises for next year.  Husband loves to sauna.  

I know that Empress doesn’t have saunas but can’t find current information as to whether Brilliance, Enchantment &/or Freedom have single-sex saunas.

Thank you for any information you can share!

Unless it's changed since 2017, there's a steam room and sauna in the spa locker room.  That locker room, separate for male and female, is available to anyone without purchasing a spa pass.  It's located directly below the gym.  

Thank you TiiiSailor -

I think there have been changes, including removing some saunas, as ships have been up-dated. 

Hoping for current information on Brilliance, Enchantment & Freedom.

- 2travelcats

48 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

I think there have been changes, including removing some saunas, as ships have been up-dated. 

... information on Brilliance, Enchantment & Freedom.

I have been on Brilliance a couple times since the major renovation in 2013 and they kept the sauna and steam room. The last renovation did not involve public areas to my knowledge. 

Enchantment should still have the same configuration and have a small sauna and steam room. 

Freedom must have lost the sauna and steam room in the last renovation when deck 11 cabins were added. I have not sailed with her since then. 

It would seem that Liberty would be the only Freedom Class with the old large sauna steam room and Adventure would be the only Voyager class still having that feature as their amplifications are not currently being completed. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, MADflyer said:

I have been on Brilliance a couple times since the major renovation in 2013 and they kept the sauna and steam room. The last renovation did not involve public areas to my knowledge. 

Enchantment should still have the same configuration and have a small sauna and steam room. 

Freedom must have lost the sauna and steam room in the last renovation when deck 11 cabins were added. I have not sailed with her since then. 

It would seem that Liberty would be the only Freedom Class with the old large sauna steam room and Adventure would be the only Voyager class still having that feature as their amplifications are not currently being completed. 

It's not clear whether Explorer will now get the full "amping" that would eliminate the original fitness center, or if it will only have less invasive maintenance and updating done. I believe Mariner still has sauna/steam facilities.

Independence still has sauna/steam facilities according to recent reports. When I've looked at the post-amp deck plans for Freedom, there's still a large fitness center area. I'm haven't seen any reports of exactly what is there now.

43 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

It's not clear whether Explorer will now get the full "amping" that would eliminate the original fitness center, or if it will only have less invasive maintenance and updating done. I believe Mariner still has sauna/steam facilities.

Independence still has sauna/steam facilities according to recent reports. When I've looked at the post-amp deck plans for Freedom, there's still a large fitness center area. I'm haven't seen any reports of exactly what is there now.

I was on Explorer the last time in 2016 and thought they had already added cabins initially in the 2015 dry dock that had removed a good portion of the fitness center. Hopefully someone will chime in that has sailed more recently. 

Mariner and Indy have had major renovations. It would be great to hear that Freedom class was keeping the sauna and steam rooms. Hopefully someone can confirm from a recent sailing. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

I was on Explorer the last time in 2016 and thought they had already added cabins initially in the 2015 dry dock that had removed a good portion of the fitness center. Hopefully someone will chime in that has sailed more recently. 

Mariner and Indy have had major renovations. It would be great to hear that Freedom class was keeping the sauna and steam rooms. Hopefully someone can confirm from a recent sailing. 

If I understand correctly, the work done on Mariner and Independence preceded the full "amplification" that has been inflicted on, e.g., Navigator that resulted in removal of the excellent fitness center and locker room facilities and replacement of these with a small, poorly designed fitness center (low ceilings, and other complaints I've read on CC) with no actual locker room facilities, let alone steam/sauna facilities.

Explorer, like some of the sister ships, lost part of the fitness center and had the inside whirlpool removed in a reconfiguration, but the nice locker rooms with free steam/sauna facilities remained at that point.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, 2travelcats said:

Thank you MADflyer and CntPAcruiser for keeping the conversation going.

It would be great to have a list of all the RC ships that currently have free, same-sex saunas.

- 2travelcats

There is a spreadsheet that can be found in a thread in the fitness and spa cruise section:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2488742-list-of-ships-with-free-steam-andor-sauna/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-59540677

It may not always be the most up-to-date source, but it's a good place to start.

Edited by CntPAcruiser