EZair questions

K.T.B.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

If the disembarkation will be delayed so that you would miss your flight, Princess will re-book for you. This is especially helpful if the ship arrives a different day or at a different port.

If you miss a connection, Princess will tell you first to try to work it out with the airline.

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions.

If Princess rebooks my flight because disembarkation is delayed will I be responsible for any additional costs?

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes. Bring up the cruise you are interested in on the Princess web site and click on "Flight Quotes". This is on the same line as "Itinerary", "Shore Excursions" .....

Thank you. 👍

I had always gone through to picking a cabin and only then started looking for flights.

For my cruise, Alicante was not an option for the return airport, so I switched to Madrid. My first search was rather disappointing. The quote was $13K+ each and that was a restricted fare, so almost 2x what I could find. I saw upthread that domestic savings aren’t all that good, but international is where the savings are to be found. I dropped the SAN-FLL as I can book that myself and I saw flexible fares. At first I thought, oh, the new search must have dropped back to economy as I was seeing fares sub $1K. Hitting the show details revealed the international flight in business and the domestic connection in First!

Now that is a result! This cruise might be a go (assuming that there in a cruise industry next April. (And assuming a separately booked ticket from SAN to FLL in First doesn’t cost around $5K 😋 (or ALC to MAD)

3 hours ago, MTNestr said:

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions.

If Princess rebooks my flight because disembarkation is delayed will I be responsible for any additional costs?

Nope, your cruise and flights are all the responsibility of Princess. They make it good.

Edited by beg3yrs

I’m looking at booking a flight on an A330-800.  It allows me to pick a seat on the first deck but it doesn’t allow me to change my choice to the second deck.  Anyone know how to change to the second deck choices?

Edited by MTNestr

1 hour ago, MTNestr said:

I’m looking at booking a flight on an A330-800.  It allows me to pick a seat on the first deck but it doesn’t allow me to change my choice to the second deck.  Anyone know how to change to the second deck choices?

Do you mean the A380? The A330-800neo has only one deck.

If you mean the A380, you might want to go ahead and book some seats with EZ Air and then go to the airline's web-site and make the change directly.

It might also be that the class of seats you want to book aren't available on the other deck.

9 hours ago, polmcs said:

For my cruise, Alicante was not an option for the return airport, so I switched to Madrid. My first search was rather disappointing. The quote was $13K+ each and that was a restricted fare, so almost 2x what I could find.

This cruise might be a go (assuming that there in a cruise industry next April) And assuming a separately booked ticket from SAN to FLL in First doesn’t cost around $5K 😋 (or ALC to MAD)

Well I figured out where I was going wrong with my first search. I had selected business class both ways. It was picking up some business fares in United for the domestic leg and then business fares on AA for the return, so would need separate tickets hence the restricted fare type and the silly $13K quote.

I then noticed an option to select the class for each direction, so I selected first for the domestic outbound and business for the international return. That brought up flights in the sub $1.5K range in total for both directions. A little bit of tweaking dates and using MIA instead of FLL and I have a very nice itinerary planned including a widebody with lie flat seats for the transcontinental flight as well. 😉 

Now I just need my plans for August to go awry and get a refund and this cruise is a go for us, subject to covid, airline and cruise solvency, pestilence, locus plagues, etc.  

• Like 1