Probably canceling cruise - would they refund cabana cost?

We’re looking at our final payment date coming up at the end of June for our September Oasis cruise.  With all the uncertainty about the Covid-19 rules, we’re thinking cancelling and eating the deposit is the way to go (we’ve not paid anything beyond the deposit on the cruise yet).   I did, however already pay for a cabana and internet.  Would they refund the costs of those if we cancel or will we have to eat them too?  I know I could ask Royal...but I appreciate the information on here!  Thanks!

Edited by cooncat_mom

8 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

We’re looking at our final payment date coming up at the end of June for our September Oasis cruise.  With all the uncertainty about the Covid-19 rules, we’re thinking cancelling and eating the deposit is the way to go (we’ve not paid anything beyond the deposit on the cruise yet).   I did, however already pay for a cabana and internet.  Would they refund the costs of those if we cancel or will we have to eat them too?  I know I could ask Royal...but I appreciate the information on here!  Thanks!

Yes, all cruise planner purchases are refundable up to 48 hours prior to sailing. 

3 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

we’re thinking cancelling and eating the deposit is the way to go

Several options available. You won’t lose the deposit. 

you can,

lift and shift to a sailing 1 year in the future plus minus 4 weeks..price protected

move your deposit to any other sailing at current rates
cancel and get a FCC for 100% of your deposit 

Thank you for the suggestions!  I will call them about the lift and switch since we are planning to book the same cruise for next year at about the same time.  Since this was booked pre-COVID and it was a non-refundable deposit (I knew that ahead of time - read the fine print!). I don’t know but it’s worth a shot!  Then I can start the Cabana Watch to book one for THAT trip...😉