Forewarned is forearmed

TNTLAMB

All I know is that I'm ready to go againg, back on the boards to figure out where and when. Thinking about the 14 Day Sea Grand adventure but then maybe It'll be....

Yeh we are planning our next cruise, thinking of doing the Mexican Riveria cruise but then started thinking how cold the water will be so now we are thinking of sticking with the warm water cruise, decisions,decisions....

I'm a planner...it's just my type-A personality.

We're taking our kids for the first time on our next cruise.

They were badgering us to know every little thing; from what will our cabin look like to what's on the menu to can we order room service.

So..other than making them do the research on the ports that we're visting (so they'll have an appreciation of what we're seeing) my DH has forbidden me to give them any details of the cruise.

He's afraid that all the magic will be gone and they'll end up disappointed because the experience won't live up to their expectations.

It's still important to those new to cruising.....I remember a going on a 7 day cruise from our home in the midwest with 14 pieces of luggage for our 4 person family once. We didn't realize how much luggage we had until we tried to load the car to go to the airport and found out it wouldn't fit. Mind you, all of this luggage occupied the living room for a good month before the cruise. By time to go I think I had forgotten what I packed.

Fast forward: Our last cruise I packed my one carryon size piece of luggage the morning of the cruise and rolled it on the ship that I had not so much as looked up the deck plans online for. We had nothing planned at all and had as good if not better time than when we planned everything down to how much we were going to tip the cabin steward...in advance!

...but then that WAS a one night Cruise To Nowhere too.

I didn't even bring duct tape

I can't believe you have 4 cruises planned in 2006, on 3 cruise lines!

We love the detail involved in planning our cruise from how much money will we need to researching the ports and deciding on our excursions. I'm a bit of an information hog and have learned to separate the complimentary posts from the negatives posts and choose to go on my cruise and have a good time. Love tips, but you can drive yourself a little mad if you let yourself!

Archived