Just chill and relax!

cruizergal70

On 6/14/2020 at 7:48 AM, cruizergal70 said:

I know that everyone wants to get back to cruising. I truly understand that. I'm supposed to be on a transatlantic European cruise right now. Obviously it was cancelled due to all the Covid stuff.

With that said, are there any other people who are just chilling and relaxing and who are NOT stressing or concerned about when the cruise industry will return? It will happen when it happens. As we can't control it, why stress?

Hi

What's there to stress about? At this time, I am not allowed to leave my country, for a vacation. Even if I could, I can't get medical insurance that would provide coverage that is a current global issue. With those kind of clues, why should I be impatient?

Not stressed, just disappointed. That's how life is. As you said, you can't control it, why stress. 

I can see how people who are juggling a bunch of bookings might have a different perception wondering if their Aug. sailing will actually come off, but that is mostly their own doing. 

The people who should be "stressing" about whether cruising or any form of vacation travel will happen again soon, are those who actually depend on these industries for their livelihood. The rest of us would qualify for that condescending comment about 1st. world problems. We are the lucky ones to still be alive, enjoy it. 

• Like 2

Just read the updated info on Cruise Critic.  I know now, considering who my fav Cruise Lines are, that it is going to be awhile.  So, I'll focus on that which can be controlled.  Now that the OUTSIDE World is opening up, think that is what I may do.  Start walking again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iancal said:

I really cannot envisage us taking a cruise before late 2021 or 2022.

We have a FCC with Hurtigruten that has been extended til the end of 2021. I'm going to wait a while but will ask if it can be extended into or through 2022.

7 hours ago, iancal said:

I think people need to get over themselves and get on with life.   

I remain befuddled at how wound up people are about this. And, yes, I'm regularly reminded how bad off people are. Our local food bank told me that their requests are up 50%. They had one three hour period at one location and gave out food to 800 people.