Refund/Future Cruise, what to do?

junglecat

It's looking like a cancellation is in our future.  I have questions about refunds or a future booking. 

If we request a refund is that done dollar for dollar and charged back to our credit card?  Or is it in the form of a Carnival gift card?  Also, if we would choose a future cruise do we have to make a decision right then?  Just curious if Carnival will just hold our funds until we're ready to book something else. That would seem impossible to have to track a gazillion customers and their dollars, but it could be done.   I usually spend quite a bit of time doing research into ships, decks, ports, etc.  I don't want to be forced into making a decision on the spot.  Just curious how this will all play out when the cancellation comes down, which it's looking like it's going to.  We are to set sail in NOLA on September 12th.  

Thanks all!

If you take the 100% refund, all monies will eventually be returned via the same method of payment (credit card, gift card).

If the FCC offers are the same as previous cancellations, for 6+ day sailings you will get 100% FCC + 600 OBC.  5 days or less = 100% FCC + 300 OBC.  Carnival will HOLD the FCC + OBC for you up until a certain time limit (It will say on the offer Ex: DEC 31,2020).  If you do not rebook with your FCC+OBC by the deadline, you will automatically get just FCC (no OBC).

8 minutes ago, brymern said:

what about if you already have OBC from a previous cancellation/rebooking? would you get additional OBC?

Unfortunately not.  We had 4 cruises cancelled this year (so far - two more are up for possible cancellations).  If you took the OBC offer and rebooked and that rebooked cruise is also cancelled and you rebook again, you do not get to "roll" OBC.  But you can have multiple FCC+OBC cruise bookings for different cruises.  In our case, we had to rebook 2 cruises 2x's already, but the OBC is only the original amount of 600.00.

Edited by jdoc2007

If you opted to take the FCC + OBC but haven't booked a cruise yet can you change your mind,  opt to just change over to the full refund?  I was possibly looking to book a Europe cruise for 2022 but have no idea when those itineraries will be released. Wondering if I did the right thing especially since I have to book something by the end of this year. 

46 minutes ago, Chuck3kn said:

Is the $600 obc (for 7 day) per cabin or per reservation?  I have 2 cabins booked for the same cruise so would I get $600 or $1200?

Are both cabins being cancelled? I'm a little confused if you are anticipating canc or already or what.

Both cabins can be rebooked with up to $600 per cabin. No you cant book all 4 people in one cabin and get $1200.

I'm personally kinda shocked at prices for next year out of Galveston... way higher than all 5 I booked on rcl also out of Galveston. That $600 obc imo is driving prices to higher than normal. Usually some lower prices say around labor day, I see no bargains next year. I read a post on the selling ships thread, I agree with, eventually prices will drop, but right now fccs and obc is driving demand close in. Each cancellation round drives prices higher.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are both cabins being cancelled? I'm a little confused if you are anticipating canc or already or what.

Both cabins can be rebooked with up to $600 per cabin. No you cant book all 4 people in one cabin and get $1200.

Not cancelled so far.  Booking 2 cabins works best for my family.  Would re-book 2 cabins (in the event of cancellation) on a future cruise.