Lift & Shift - No comparable cruises

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That should say itinerary type.  Caribbean to Caribbean is fine.  Caribbean to Alaska is not.

Yes, we noticed that Cruising Power has the word TYPE in there, but their consumer site does not. 🙂 

On 7/15/2020 at 1:28 AM, NCMtnBoys said:

Yes, we noticed that Cruising Power has the word TYPE in there, but their consumer site does not. 🙂 

Would say an Eastern Caribbean (Allure) to a Western Caribbean (Symphony) on the same date next year be ok? We are thinking of switching to Symphony as we intentionally booked Allure as it was meant to be 'amped' (and paid a premium for that). 

1 hour ago, Mark_UK said:

Would say an Eastern Caribbean (Allure) to a Western Caribbean (Symphony) on the same date next year be ok? We are thinking of switching to Symphony as we intentionally booked Allure as it was meant to be 'amped' (and paid a premium for that). 

I would think that should be possible.

If you go into your booking on the RCCL website, and request the option to lift and shift, you will find the various options available for shifting your cruise to, and the cruise price, (except for the taxes), will be price protected.

They have been allowing folks to shift from a TA to a TP.

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Yes, Allure Eastern to Symphony Western is fine as long as they are the same number of days.

• Like 1

How can one lift & shift a TA this fall to one in 2021 in which that one you are already booked on?  Cancel the 2021?  But what about getting the same category/stateroom you had on the 2021.  I'm trying to figure this out because I'm certain the Nov 2020 TA will be cancelled.  Should I just take the FCC and move it.  It's only $200.  

Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.    🍷

4 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

How can one lift & shift a TA this fall to one in 2021 in which that one you are already booked on?  Cancel the 2021?  But what about getting the same category/stateroom you had on the 2021.  I'm trying to figure this out because I'm certain the Nov 2020 TA will be cancelled.  Should I just take the FCC and move it.  It's only $200.  

Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.    🍷

If you L and S this year's TA to 2021 you have to keep the same category that you have on the 2020 one  If you shift your 2020 TA you can then cancel the 2021 under CWC and get a FCC which you can use to pay part of the shifted booking

Edited by molly361

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you L and S this year's TA to 2021 you have to keep the same category that you have on the 2020 one  If you shift your 2020 TA you can then cancel the 2021 under CWC and get a FCC which you can use to pay part of the shifted booking

I'm in a 2D on the 2020, and a 4D on the 2021.  Would they go for that, do you think?  There is no 4D on the 2020, but the 4D on the 2021 is more expensive than the 2D.  The 2021 has a $900 fully refundable  deposit.  🍷

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

I'm in a 2D on the 2020, and a 4D on the 2021.  Would they go for that, do you think?  There is no 4D on the 2020, but the 4D on the 2021 is more expensive than the 2D.  The 2021 has a $900 fully refundable  deposit.  🍷

Are they changing the categories for 2021?  If so you have to check and see what category the cabin you are in on the 2020 sailing is on the 2021 one

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are they changing the categories for 2021?  If so you have to check and see what category the cabin you are in on the 2020 sailing is on the 2021 one

Probably not going to work out.  I am currently in a 4D for the 2021, and want to keep my stateroom because we are on a B2B.  There is no 4D cat on the 2020, so I couldn't change to a 4D then shift.  🍷