Fcc no communication received 🤷‍♂️

cookie7310

hi all 

Cruise was cancelled in second batch of cancellations should I received a email saying this and stating I would be given fcc if I did nothing 

This was a few weeks back now

Should I have received any more communication stating the the fcc and the ballance of it ? 

Tia

45 minutes ago, cookie7310 said:

hi all 

Cruise was cancelled in second batch of cancellations should I received a email saying this and stating I would be given fcc if I did nothing 

This was a few weeks back now

Should I have received any more communication stating the the fcc and the ballance of it ? 

Tia

As far as I know, you get no further communication. You can find out your FCC by making a dummy booking, or ask P&O to tell you how much it is.

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As far as I know, you get no further communication. You can find out your FCC by making a dummy booking, or ask P&O to tell you how much it is.

Correct - One of a couple of possibilities for sorting this:

If you log in to the P&O website then you may see your FCC quoted, if it has been allocated yet.  

If you want to book another cruise, call them and quote your booking reference (from the cancelled cruise).

If you would like to know how much it will be for then just multiply the amount which you had paid against the holiday before it was cancelled by 1.25 and round up to the nearest pound.  This is what P&O bookings staff do if you call them. 

If you call to book a cruise (and don't use the free phone number) then you will get through pretty quickly from my experience. 

2 hours ago, cookie7310 said:

Thanks for the help 

So original cruise was 4375 x 1.25 = 5469 to spend 😁

Assuming that you actually paid £4375, then yes.

Of course, the issue is that since the cancellations,  many cruises have now increased in cost by over 25%,  so your FCC will not go as far as you think. 

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Assuming that you actually paid £4375, then yes.

Of course, the issue is that since the cancellations,  many cruises have now increased in cost by over 25%,  so your FCC will not go as far as you think. 

Yes balance was paid in full and quite especially with oceana passengers now swaping 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, cookie7310 said:

Yes balance was paid in full and quite especially with oceana passengers now swaping 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure that £5469 will still get a good cruise even in the current circumstances 😁...by the way it can be split across more than one cruise too:

If you want to get the most for your FCC money:

1) Consider if you definitely want to book from the current brochure or of you are willing to wait for the 2022/23 brochure to come out.  Better prices likely to be had there.

2) Keep an eye out for if any replacement Princess ship enters the fleet (operating as P&O).  This is a rumour only.

3) Check on the larger ships, if you are happy to do so.  For instance, there are a series of good deals on Iona in late 2021/early 2022.  For instance, with that sum, you may be able to book a mini conservatory or suite on some of the cruises in that window - depending on what you want in terms of dates/itineraries.

Suggestion is not to delay too much if you prefer option 3, or something else.