Where was I?

15 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Wow, that was quick.  Lovely place, though I don't think I want to go back to Hong Kong anytime soon.

Your turn.

No I don’t think we will be going back, was nice walking around the gardens there. Now to find a pic

1 minute ago, cruiser3775 said:

I've never been into them. I'm a bit claustrophobic.   I waited outside while the rest of my party went in. Is it Mammoth Cave?

Correct, your turnimage.thumb.jpeg.924fd1f0de7e07bcb54d20115b12a1d5.jpeg

6 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Wow, that was quick.  Lovely place, though I don't think I want to go back to Hong Kong anytime soon.

Why not? I'm hopefully going in Sep. Is it unsafe? I thought I might go on a ship excursion to Macau if they have one.

Edited by Yaya_in_Oz

Hong Kong is probably safe enough if you are just a visitor. But it has some major problems now it is back as part of mainstream China.  There was a long period when there were daily demonstrations, some quite violent, and the metro system was badly damaged and out of action and a lot of things were closed. That's basically past now, as dissent has been ruthlessly suppressed. I used to go there frequently but haven't been back since then.

Definitely worth visiting Macau. If you only have a day, I'd go by land over the new bridge which connects the two places. Much quicker than the public ferries.

Have a go at my new photo.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Whitemark?

Yes, the little town in the foreground is Whitemark, the largest town on Flinders Island. Taken from a light aircraft landing at Whitemark airport.   It is the most scenic island, well worth a visit. It would be a major tourist drawcard if it was easier to get to, or had a warmer climate.  But the isolation and lack of crowds make it a special place to visit.

Your turn.

• Like 1