8 months - refund for Cruise Planner Purchases!

We've all been there - cancelled cruise for which I received FCC in 2 months.  But, when I cancelled my Cruise Planner Purchases ($3,000 - deluxe beverage, ship excursions - family of 5) - RCI refunded only 1/2 back to my original form of purchase (CC).  I did phone calls to customer service and emails - no help.   Finally about 2 weeks ago I asked my credit card company (AMEX) to please help with the remaining refund which was $1497.  Received the refund (very thankful - can use the $).

Now I am concerned after reading stories here on these boards, if RCI will not permit me to use that credit card for future purchases because I requested a chargeback?    I have 2 planned cruises for 2021 - I use that card for all cruise related expenses.  

7 minutes ago, pasodancer said:

We've all been there - cancelled cruise for which I received FCC in 2 months.  But, when I cancelled my Cruise Planner Purchases ($3,000 - deluxe beverage, ship excursions - family of 5) - RCI refunded only 1/2 back to my original form of purchase (CC).  I did phone calls to customer service and emails - no help.   Finally about 2 weeks ago I asked my credit card company (AMEX) to please help with the remaining refund which was $1497.  Received the refund (very thankful - can use the $).

Now I am concerned after reading stories here on these boards, if RCI will not permit me to use that credit card for future purchases because I requested a chargeback?    I have 2 planned cruises for 2021 - I use that card for all cruise related expenses.  

Tell your credit card company you lost your card.  You will have a new one with a new number in a couple of days. 

• Like 3

I had the same issue with my cruise planner purchases. I had booked a cruise while on board and only paid a $100 deposit. When I canceled the cruise they tied up the money because they expected a nonrefundable $250 deposit per person booked. I tried fighting with them and got nowhere. That’s when my travel agent stepped in and I was able to get back all my money. Which was really nice of my travel agent because nothing on the cruise planner was purchased through them.