Northeast, Oh, No Snow

mv417

If you can't get a flight out tonight, I would seriously consider calling Amtrak or driving out of the path of the storm. My experience of the black-out in 2002 taught me that it takes the airlines a few days to recover from a bunch of cancelled flights. There is no guarantee they will be up and flying the second the snow stops.

Good luck to all you cruisers!

mv417....

American sent a flight up from Miami to Baltimore this afternoon around 3:45 and their flight #368 is still scheduled to leave at 8:19. Best I can tell that is the plane that will make your flight tomorrow morning to Miami. I think there will be a plane form you when you get to BWI in the morning.

Have a great cruise!

I just posted this on the board....

News Here Just reported Stranded Returning Cruisers....

Apparently, there are many returning cruisers in both Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami, who are stuck here. They are also having a hard time finding rooms.....I missed a part of it, but they said '???'(didn't hear who) is helping them find rooms....what a bummer....

I am really starting to stress and stomach is in knots. It is snowing, snowing.

Any idea how late I can purchase insurance on insuredmytrip.com.

Not sure of the deadline but if you are talking about a flight tomorrow, I imagine the premium will be pretty high, depending on what airport you hope to leave from. Insurance companies will never be mistaken for charities and if there is a high possibility that your flight will be cancelled or badly delayed, they are going to charge you accordingly. Can't say I blame them. Anyone flying out of a northern city in winter time really needs to plan to arrive in their departure city at least a day or two early and buy insurance that covers flight delays or cancellations.

Archived