Northeast, Oh, No Snow

mv417

Depending on the airline you're flying and when, you might be able to change to another flight without a penalty if it would make you feel better to leave earlier. I see that Delta, Jetblue and USAirways are all allowing changes. I havent checked any other carriers, but you can check their website for the dates/cities and requirements to change. If you dont want to take a chance might as well change and not stress over it. Remember just because you are ok weatherwise, that doesnt always mean the plane you're scheduled to fly on isnt sitting in the muck up north!

Delta has already cancelled many flights in and out of the Eastern Seaboard for tomorrow. Southwest is starting to cancel flights as well. Can you go to the airport and see if you can get on a flight tonight?

I just checked the web site for Providence. Many flights into the airport tonight are cancelled. That means the planes will not be here for the early flights out in the morning. Spirit and Southwest really seem to be pulling the plug. I guess they don't want their planes stuck up here.

I am not leaving until Monday morning. I am wondering if I should just wait or try to get out tonight?

Where do you live? When is your cruise? I would personally try to get out tonight, especially if you live in New England versus the mid-Atlantic. Even if the snow is gone, it usually takes a couple of days for the aircraft to get back into position following a storm like this. So even though they aren't cancelled yet, expect at least some flights to be cancelled through Tuesday and Wednesday.

What airline are you flying and does the plane overnight at BWI or does it fly in on Monday morning? If it comes into BWI on Monday morning try to figure out if the flight originates at a warm weather airport or from one in the Northeast like Bradley or Providence. Those flight could be problems if those airports don't get their Sunday evening arrivals. If the plane overnights at BWI it is going to depend on whether or not the airline sends its Sunday evening flight in to get its Monday morning flights out.

Leaving Monday morning out of BWI. Cruise is Monday, February 13, 2006 need to be at the boat by 4:30 p.m.

I don't see any flights leaving tonite either?

Could you get on a flight that would at least get you out of the path of this storm?

I am flying out on American Airlines. How do I determine if the plane is going to be their overnight or just arriving in the AM?

Is it an early AM flight, i.e. the first flight of the morning? Then the plan is going to be there overnight. If there are arrivals on AA well before you flight leaves, then it is probably arriving in the AM.

What time is your flight? Check BWI's morning arrivals and see if American normally has any flights arriving before yours departs. Also, go to the AA.com and check your flight number to see if BWI is a continuation of a flight or the origination of the flight.

Post your flight time or number and I'll try to figure it out for you if you like.

If you are taking flight AA1447, also listed as AA1647 in the morning, the plane comes up from Miami the night before. It leave Miami at 8:34 PM and gets into BWI at 11:06 PM. I think you have a good chance of that flight actually happening.

If you are not taking the above flight then what i just posted means nothing to you unless you can get on that flight. It is showing as completely booked for Monday morning.

Archived