Azamara NZ Cruise 2022

Look what popped up in my inbox today!

A Luxury Escapes offer on an NZ Azamara cruise.  Their foreign port is Norfolk Island which is very smart.  I must admit to being tempted but I "lifted and shifted" a Celebrity Pacific Island to Jan 22.  If it goes.  Goodness knows if these cruises will go ahead but I can see that these small ships staying local are the way of the future. 

I hope this link works.

https://luxuryescapes.com/nz/offer/azamara-journey-new-zealand-cruise/0062y000003IAeRAAW?utm_source=luxuryescapes&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=24-10-2020_NewZealand&utm_term=New+Zealand+2022%3a+16-Night+North+%26amp%3b+South+Island+Circumnavigation+Cruise+with+Pre-Cruise+Stay_title&utm_content=196472&utm_id=741b73e5-e366-4bae-bd3e-f8299d0be5f6&sfmc_id=15426764&sfmc_activityid=3d7b3eff-c8a8-4add-bfe5-f3071ac1dc97&j=118724&sfmc_sub=15426764&l=26_HTML&u=29400258&mid=100016247&jb=445&utm_source=luxuryescapes&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=24-10-2020_NewZealand&sfmc_id=15426764

Edited by onlyslightlymad

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Would be a good cruise, if it comes off in January 2022. 

I agree small ship local cruising has the best chance of success, if there is no vaccine. 

Even if there is an effective vaccine, I do not believe we will see a return to the halcyon days of pre-Covid.  The first vaccine to come along will not necessarily be the most effective one, others will enter the market over time.  Also, even the best of vaccines with maximum uptake will reduce but not eliminate probabilities.  We will need a culture change too including mask wearing and isolating oneself when sick.  I certainly will only be looking at local cruises for the next few years.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Even if there is an effective vaccine, I do not believe we will see a return to the halcyon days of pre-Covid.  The first vaccine to come along will not necessarily be the most effective one, others will enter the market over time.  Also, even the best of vaccines with maximum uptake will reduce but not eliminate probabilities.  We will need a culture change too including mask wearing and isolating oneself when sick.  I certainly will only be looking at local cruises for the next few years.  

I agree.

I think a major problem for cruise lines will be countries/ports refusing them permission to disembark.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I agree.

I think a major problem for cruise lines will be countries/ports refusing them permission to disembark.

You are right.  I feel so sorry for the Pacific Islands that are dependent on the tourist dollar and have little diversification in their economy.  Yet if they open their borders their health care systems could be so easily overwhelmed.  I think they will need a lot of support from NZ and Aus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

You are right.  I feel so sorry for the Pacific Islands that are dependent on the tourist dollar and have little diversification in their economy.  Yet if they open their borders their health care systems could be so easily overwhelmed.  I think they will need a lot of support from NZ and Aus.

I feel sorry also.  As soon as the Cook Islands are open again, I want to visit, but I'd hate to visit and take the virus to the Cook Islands or any of the vulnerable South Pacific islands.  I agree Aus/NZ need to provide as much support as they can afford.