honeymoon cruise

ghoyt

need help deciding between jewel or mariner of the seas for a nov 12th honeymoon. jewel is one day shorter,but is 2more hour drive past the mariner.either cruise will be getting a jr suite.im fine with both cruises ports of call.just looking for more advice. thanks

We sailed on the Mariner for our honeymoon and LOVED it. That being said, if I had the chance to sail on the Jewel I would do it in a heartbeat. The Jewel, as I understand it, is a more intimate ship and very very beautiful. There is no Promenade (mall type area) on the Jewel as there is on the Mariner but there is a centrum area that I've heard is even nicer...without the shops. There is also some debate that the Seaview Cafe is better than Johnny Rockets.

So, if it were me and I was choosing purely on the ships themselves...I would go with the Jewel.

Now the other factors weigh in. I do prefer to have the extra day, in my opinion the 7 day cruises are short enough... And only you can decide if you want to take the extra long drive to the Jewel but your question was about the ships themselves and I stand by my answer. :)

Congratulations and take it easy...both ships are wonderful and you'll have a great time no matter which one you sail on.

If you are basing you decision solely on the ships, I would choose Jewel. They are both beautiful ships, but as others have mentioned, Jewel is more intimate, which would be nice for a honeymoon.

If I were choosing a cruise for DH and me, the extra 2 hour drive wouldn't be a big deal; but I would choose Mariner for the extra day.

You will enjoy either! Congratulations on you upcoming marriage and have a great trip! :)

It kind of depends on what amenities appeal to you:

The Jewel has:

Billiard room with pool tables

Indoor solarium with heated pools-- adults only

Thermal Suites (but costs extra)

Seaview Cafe (all free)

More glass walls on outside of ship for more viewing

The Mariner has:

Royal Promenade shop/bar/cafe area

Ice Skating rink and professional Ice Show

Solarium-not enclosed and smaller than the jewel's

Ben & Jerry's and Johnny Rockets (both cost extra)

Just also want to add that it seems people on these boards praise the Radiance class ships for better service and better quality food than on the Voyager class ships.

Archived