Priceline.com

sammthe66

In reading this message board, I noticed that alot or people use Priceline.com for hotel prior to cruising. My question is, if you put in for a 4 or 5 star room do you get it or will they give you a room that falls into the price range you put in for. Thanks

You will only get a room at the star level you bid or higher, they will not lower you. If your bid is too low they will simply reject it. You can get a pretty good idea of which hotels fall into the various star levels by going to betterbidding.com. That is a great site to help you learn the Priceline ropes. It also will show you what price people are getting rooms for.

You will be given a room in a 4 star hotel if you bid four stars, a room in a three or four star is you bid three, etc. Sometimes, you will be put in a hotel's "less nice" rooms, such as parkign lot views or whatever but you will always be assured of the star quality you bid on. I agre that you need to know where to start bidding so you don't over-bid. I was in SF and was chatting with a woman who bid $125 on a room and was so pleased that her very first bid was accepted. I was glad she was happy but I was staying int he same hotel and only bid $70. I did not tell her.

Educate yourself first at biddingfortravel dot com

A great alternative to priceline is hotwire - you get bids from the site rather than putting in your own, so there is more certainity. It probably is about 10% more though than priceline so depends on your comfort level. If you go to betterbidding dot com you can often figure out what hotel hotwire is offering.

Archived