On 2/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, The Cruise Maniac said:

If one is considering a long cruise such as a World Cruise what carrier should be considered. Would you be better off taking coverage offered through the cruise line itself or a carrier such as AON or Med-Jet, or Travel Med Evac, etc?

Hi The Cruise Maniac,

There's no one-size-fits-all because it depends on various circumstances that are specific to you.

I've insured lots of World Cruises and other expensive trips and what I recommend varies from person to person.

There are a few items that factor into what the best policy for you is. I'll need the following information:

Your ages, zip code, your full per person prepaid trip cost (not an average), travel dates, initial trip deposit date and the amount of the deposit per person.

Neither myself nor CruiseCritic want you to put personal inforamtion on a public forum, so you may email it to me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com or call me at 888-407-3854.

Steve Dasseos

• 4 months later...

I certainly understand the need to NOT post personal info in a forum...but it sure would be interesting to "dummy up" a hypothetical case so that everyone could get an idea of what a typical rate might be and what would/would not be covered.

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I certainly understand the need to NOT post personal info in a forum...but it sure would be interesting to "dummy up" a hypothetical case so that everyone could get an idea of what a typical rate might be and what would/would not be covered.

Hi Rick&Jeannie,

I'm happy to give you an idea of what a Trip Cancellation policy would cost. There's a huge range of prices and coverages that vary from State to State.

If you don't mind, create a hypothetical case. I will post the range of prices.

Steve Dasseos