May or may not get 10% OFF discount FCC for NCL cancelled cruises in May 2021

dpocsatko

Has anyone else not received a 10% off discount FCC for cancelled May 2021 cruises?  I had 3 May cruises cancelled and I did not receive any, even though the ones I received for last years cancelled cruises were already used for other bookings (as required in NCL's letter).

Just curious.  Thanks.

image.thumb.png.7b6d5249d70236551638fd38c78ddc71.png

Hi, we had 2 cruises booked for May and received a  10% voucher three days later for one cruise but not the second.  The small print somewhere, if I remember right says only one allowed per account but not 100% sure.  I must admit I keep meaning to contact NCL as we have used the 10% on a new booking but not in a rush as we are not looking to book anything else at the moment.

14 hours ago, dpocsatko said:

Has anyone else not received a 10% off discount FCC for cancelled May 2021 cruises?  I had 3 May cruises cancelled and I did not receive any, even though the ones I received for last years cancelled cruises were already used for other bookings (as required in NCL's letter).

Just curious.  Thanks.

The "key words" in the letter from NCL may very well be "if THIS suspended reservation used a previously issued 10% OFF discount FCC, the 10% OFF FCC will be returned to your client profile".

And if not, then you don't get any 10% discount refund. You say above that the discounts were used on "other bookings", you don't say they were used on the 3 recently cancelled May cruises.

If that is the case, I certainly don't agree with NCLs practice in these matters - but that may explain why you have not received any "extra" 10% reimbursed to your NCL account.

17 hours ago, dpocsatko said:

Just curious.  Thanks.

I did not see this topic until I posted mine. My PCC told me some people were missed and they are looking into it. He can't figure out why I did not receive my 10% FCC. He has sent emails out and we our waiting on NCL to figure it out.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:59 PM, dpocsatko said:

Just curious.  Thanks.

We got the 10% discount - and already used it for a future booking - we were able to really "upgrade" to an awesome suite - sure hope that we actually get to sail !! (November 2022) 

The 10% off discounts that we had we used on different cruises than the May ones.   The lady at the resolution desk said we already received too many 10% off discounts and indicated that NCL just can't keep handing out 10% off for cancelled cruises.  I told her they probably could since they've raised the price of the future cruises by 40-80% in the case of the NCL Encore Alaskan cruises in 2022 and 2023.

1 hour ago, dpocsatko said:

The 10% off discounts that we had we used on different cruises than the May ones.   The lady at the resolution desk said we already received too many 10% off discounts and indicated that NCL just can't keep handing out 10% off for cancelled cruises.  I told her they probably could since they've raised the price of the future cruises by 40-80% in the case of the NCL Encore Alaskan cruises in 2022 and 2023.

Did they give you back the full cruise price before the 10% credit was applied. Tell them either the credit or the cruise rate when you signed up.