Carrying Liquor...

fjr0314

Leaving on our first cruise on Thursday 2/16 on the Grandeur. Just looking for some tips on carrying a bottle or two of liquor aboard with us. Is it better to put them in our checked luggage, or in our carry-ons? Would we have better luck pouring the liquor into 2-liter soda bottles?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We usually bubble wrap and double zip lock bag the bottles. They go in our checked luggage. We have never had a problem this way.

In Cozumel we always buy a bottle or two of Jose Quervo. We have never been asked to check it. They always have let us bring it to our room. On the Navigator last week we bought two bottles of Vodka from the store on board the day before we were due to return. They let us take that to the room too.

Bobbie

On our 4 previous cruises, we would buy a six-pack of local island beer from each port and security didn't even blink an eye when we placed it on the security conveyor belt. I was wondering if they still don't care or do they confiscate it now?

Leaving on our first cruise on Thursday 2/16 on the Grandeur. Just looking for some tips on carrying a bottle or two of liquor aboard with us. Is it better to put them in our checked luggage, or in our carry-ons? Would we have better luck pouring the liquor into 2-liter soda bottles?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey--we we wondering the same thing--we leave on the same ship on 4/22! Keep me posted on how your trip goes. My direct email is dickbc@dhhs.state.sc.us--if you don't mind that is! Thanks--

I would just be careful with glass bottles...I spent more on laundering the chocolate liqueur that ended up on my clothes than I would have just buying alcohol on the ship! My glass bottles busted.

The next time I went with plastic bottles and cans in my luggage. That worked fine =)

You could do a search in this forum and get a bazillion ideas of the best way to do this -- it's a pretty common topic.

My method is to bubble-wrap, double-ziplock, and put them all in a small carry-on with wheels (with several bottles of wine, it can get heavy!). I've never had a problem, or been stopped.

LeeAnne

We traveled on Navigator and had liquor packaged in a plastic bottle (2) and had no problems....I've also seen wine packaged in Nebraska in a liter or 2 size in a funky carton like milk...for the discrete wino I guess:) I've also carried an opend 1.75 litre bottle on board in a carryon at embarkation and not been stopped or questioned...but I suppose there is always one hard ass out there that will confiscate if they catch it. We've been lucky so far...going for cruise #7 in October.:)

Hey--we we wondering the same thing--we leave on the same ship on 4/22! Keep me posted on how your trip goes. My direct email is dickbc@dhhs.state.sc.us--if you don't mind that is! Thanks--

MattisMom,

Good its looking like a party ship after all...yea we are going to bring something on board also, proably some Vanilla rum and Wild turkey!!!! Looking forward to seeing you.

DEB

MattisMom,

Good its looking like a party ship after all...yea we are going to bring something on board also, proably some Vanilla rum and Wild turkey!!!! Looking forward to seeing you.

DEB

Kicken Chicken is the best! Well, after the first shot that is......

okay back to my wine......

Archived