Final payment...

kaylahszoo

So..  I read on the Princess boards, that they've extended final payment to 60 days out from cruise.  Has anyone heard if Carnival is doing something like that??  We have a July 13th Alaskan cruise (3 already canceled) and final payment is March 31st.  Since I'm pretty sure that there isn't a chance in he** that we will be cruising, I'd prefer not to have to dish out over $6,000 for my family cruise.  Don't want to lose OBC, though, and will rebook . Thanks....

I plan to call by the end of the month to see if we can extent. We are scheduled to cruise out of Long Beach on July 3rd but don't believe there is any way that will happen. Our final payment is due on April 3rd.

2 hours ago, kaylahszoo said:

So..  I read on the Princess boards, that they've extended final payment to 60 days out from cruise.  Has anyone heard if Carnival is doing something like that??  We have a July 13th Alaskan cruise (3 already canceled) and final payment is March 31st.  Since I'm pretty sure that there isn't a chance in he** that we will be cruising, I'd prefer not to have to dish out over $6,000 for my family cruise.  Don't want to lose OBC, though, and will rebook . Thanks....

Call Carnival and they will extend final payment date

20 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Thanks for that information.  I actually booked through the 'big box' store, so I imagine I will have to go through them to call Carnival....  correct??

8 hours ago, kaylahszoo said:

Thanks for that information.  I actually booked through the 'big box' store, so I imagine I will have to go through them to call Carnival....  correct??

No i believe if you have the BOOKING number you can call them directly about the final payment date.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:05 PM, tytanbri said:

I plan to call by the end of the month to see if we can extent. We are scheduled to cruise out of Long Beach on July 3rd but don't believe there is any way that will happen. Our final payment is due on April 3rd.

We are on this cruise too if it's the Panorama.  Just received the "Urgent Final Payment Due" over the weekend.  Trying to decide whether to wait until Carnival cancels or rebook?  Really don't have a clue what to reschedule to....again.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:35 PM, pamesacruisin said:

We are on this cruise too if it's the Panorama.  Just received the "Urgent Final Payment Due" over the weekend.  Trying to decide whether to wait until Carnival cancels or rebook?  Really don't have a clue what to reschedule to....again.

We figure there is no way it is going to actually cruise. We decided to cancel our airfare through the fly2fun program. We are already paid in full on one of our rooms. It was a rebook from last year. We also have two other rooms for our adult children and their spouse/girlfriend. I am debating on whether to cancel them or just let it stay out and hope they can get the $600 OBC. We already have it on our cabin. We also already have two cruises booked for 2022 so we would just be moving our money anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 4:04 PM, phoneman69 said:

I called Carnival & they said I had to go through my travel agent (which is the big box store).  But, their call center is jam packed and won't even accept my call.  As final payment is March 31st, guessing I'd better get up early and try again soon.....