Quantum Class - Ocean View with Large Balcony stateroom room size?

Does anyone have experience with the "Ocean View with Large Balcony" staterooms - in particular their actual size compared to a standard Ocean View Balcony cabin?  These cabins are quoted as 177sq ft, as opposed to 198sq ft for a standard balcony - the 177sq ft sounds more like the smaller "deluxe", vs "superior" staterooms in older cabin descriptions.  The deck plans (for what they are worth) seem to indicate the cabins are the same size.

We have stayed in both Superior and Deluxe before (on older ships), and noticed the difference (the couch area was noticeably smaller).  We are booked early next year in an Ocean View with Large Balcony on Quantum (cabin 9244), and hoping the stateroom is actually on the larger size (and that we are not losing out inside by having the larger balcony).

TIA

I don't have an answer but I would like to add a question.................what is the difference in a 2C and a 4C cabin. We booked 8232 on the Odyssey (2C) - it is near the aft elevators and has a slanted balcony - does it have good shade and is it breezy during under power?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I don't have an answer but I would like to add a question.................what is the difference in a 2C and a 4C cabin. We booked 8232 on the Odyssey (2C) - it is near the aft elevators and has a slanted balcony - does it have good shade and is it breezy during under power?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2C is midship (between the elevator banks.

4C is forward or aft of the elevator banks.

Roughly, different classes vary the cutoff zone from one category to another but it is basically midship or aft

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

2C is midship (between the elevator banks.

4C is forward or aft of the elevator banks.

Roughly, different classes vary the cutoff zone from one category to another but it is basically midship or aft

Thank you - we chose the 2C because of the balcony depth and the cabin was available for all 3 cruises (B2B2B).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 3:29 PM, Aus ATC said:

Does anyone have experience with the "Ocean View with Large Balcony" staterooms - in particular their actual size compared to a standard Ocean View Balcony cabin?  These cabins are quoted as 177sq ft, as opposed to 198sq ft for a standard balcony - the 177sq ft sounds more like the smaller "deluxe", vs "superior" staterooms in older cabin descriptions.  The deck plans (for what they are worth) seem to indicate the cabins are the same size.

We have stayed in both Superior and Deluxe before (on older ships), and noticed the difference (the couch area was noticeably smaller).  We are booked early next year in an Ocean View with Large Balcony on Quantum (cabin 9244), and hoping the stateroom is actually on the larger size (and that we are not losing out inside by having the larger balcony).

TIA

You’re right in thinking they are smaller and you definitely get a noticeably larger balcony. I would prefer more cabin space but I guess it’s personal choice.

Also, cabin 9244 is directly opposite the entrance to one of the elevators. We’ve had a few cabins in this position and it’s a bit hit and miss with noise levels of people talking loudly when entering/exiting/waiting for the elevators. This may not bother you, however, on one of our cruises it was sufficiently noisy for us to request a change in cabin. Unfortunately this was not possible as the ship was sailing at full capacity so we just had to endure it!

• Like 1