Cruise cancelled and no email from Royal Caribbean

3 minutes ago, cnice515 said:

The  message did state that the 125% FCC is automatic but when I went to book a future cruise under my account it was not applying any money to the booking, is there a trick?

It is automatic but it will take 30 to 45 days to be issued.  You need the FCC number to be able to redeem it.

If you call to book it they can put the cruise on hold for you without a deposit and then when your FCC arrives you can use that as your deposit

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Thanks.

Just need to get my FCC certificate from Tui for my lost deposit then for cancelled 2021 cruise (presume it’s the £300 plus 25%) then get my new TA to transfer all the credits to the cruise in 2022. I’ve got the other certificates for £2268. 
How do they go about securing my $1200 on board credit to this cruise. I do have information that I have £990 in on board credit for the cancelled 2021cruise by means of a print out of my cruise planner (converts to $1200). 

The other thing to note is that your deposit for your cancelled cruise might still be in a 'holding account' with your TA.     Some TA's in UK do not pass on any monies paid for cruises straight away, there are numerous different scenarios used in the UK.     If your deposit is still sitting in a 'holding' account, then RCG might not issue a FCC for the deposit, even more reason to call RCG to find out.    

• Like 1

Thanks Tex. An update today is that I’ve now requested a refund for the deposit for the cancelled cruise and my new TA has sent copies of my FCC’s to RCI (I furnished them to the TA). What concerns me is that he told me that I may have to go through Royal’s customer service to get my on board credit of $1200 transferred to my 2022 cruise. I provided my new TA with copies of proof that the OBC was applied to the cruise that got cancelled. Is my TA just not fighting my corner on this. What do you think pls

Yes this new TA I’ve booked my sept 2022 cruise with doesn’t give me confidence that he cares. It’s a small company in the south of England with only two shops. I would have thought he would be pulling out all the stops to impress but I don’t see that. Before COVID wife and I cruised two to three times a year so it’ll be his loss that we will not use his company again. There’ll still be plenty of agents willing to go the extra mile. .

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

My TA also told me that it could take a few weeks to get Royal to approve the transfer of FCC  to my cruise in Sept next year. Is that correct pls. Perhaps ourusualbeach would know 

It’s not so much as “getting approval” but more in just waiting for the FCC to be reissued so that it can be applied again.  This can unfortunately take a while. 

it’s always more difficult when you had old reservations made with one TA and then new reservations made with a new TA and there are FCC’s or OBC involved.  Many times the guest also needs to get involved as the new TA never had “ownership” of the previous FCC’s or OBC.

Edited by Ourusualbeach