Cruise cancelled and no email from Royal Caribbean

I’m frustrated that RCI have not sent an email outlining what options I have for the cancellation of my Adventure of the Seas cruise out of Barcelona in September. This b2b cruise had future cruise credit worth £3k and on board credit going on to it. I heard about the cancellations on here and checked my cruise planner where it came up as voyage cancelled for the two cruises. Any views on what I should do as my travel agent is closed and as it was Tui it could be any member of staff UK wide that I would have to deal. It took a great deal of organising late last year to get all the ducks in a row. Any advice would be appreciated. 

IF you did book thru a travel agent;  then Royal notifies them and not you.  I assume your travel agent has a email in their inbox from Royal; telling them the cruise is cancelled.  Wait until they open on Monday and most likely your agent will contact you and give you options.  Adventure just got deployed to Nassau and will start cruises in June.

3 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Don't expect messages from RCI and be pleasantly surprised if you do. All of the options are likely to be posted in a thread here soon. Don't count on your TA, try to resolve this via RCI.

• Like 1

All the other cruises that I’ve had cancelled I did receive an email from them and it didn’t come from my TA. Goodness knows whether TUI my travel agent will send me the information as the shop I used was in Glasgow (closed) and I’m in southern England. I phoned them today and got someone from Bristol who didn’t have a clue and weren’t really interested. 

2 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

All the other cruises that I’ve had cancelled I did receive an email from them and it didn’t come from my TA. Goodness knows whether TUI my travel agent will send me the information as the shop I used was in Glasgow (closed) and I’m in southern England. I phoned them today and got someone from Bristol who didn’t have a clue and weren’t really interested. 

You post will disappear as you cannot mention TAs on CC. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both are supposed to get the email.  In reality that does not always happen

We never get any emails from RCCL unless they are trying to get us to book excursions or dining packages.  Luckily we have a travel agent who is on top of stuff like this. 😜

38 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I did not get any emails from Royal either with the last 2 cancellations.  Both were booked thru a TA

I think that is the norm.  Neither did we.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scottraveller said:

I’m frustrated that RCI have not sent an email outlining what options I have for the cancellation of my Adventure of the Seas cruise out of Barcelona in September. This b2b cruise had future cruise credit worth £3k and on board credit going on to it. I heard about the cancellations on here and checked my cruise planner where it came up as voyage cancelled for the two cruises. Any views on what I should do as my travel agent is closed and as it was Tui it could be any member of staff UK wide that I would have to deal. It took a great deal of organising late last year to get all the ducks in a row. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I would call RCG and ask them for a copy of the email, detailing what options you have, and explain your Travel Agent has closed, and you don't know where the email has been sent to, and you'll now require to use a new Travel Agent.   

Hope you get this sorted soon

• Like 2

I would contact RCG directly and explain that TA is no longer available and ask them what they intend doing.

If you don’t get any joy, I would tell them that you will be contacting your C.Card company, for monies paid to be refunded. We did this when we didn’t get the promised FCC. The bank refunded our deposit, but also said they would contact CelebrityCruises and also our TA. We have heard nothing since.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

No email yet from my TA about my cancelled May cruise. Hopefully the default still is “ do nothing and get 125% FCC”. 
There was a RCI cancellation site where you could go and action your request yourself but I can’t find it now....  @Ourusualbeach can you help please?

The default is the 125% FCC

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Another complication is that my future cruise credits expire on 31st December 2021 and as I have a cruise booked for September 2022 can they be extended and transferred to this cruise does anyone know please

If the FCC was Covid related the dates have been extended.  They now have an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022

• Like 1

Given you don't know what for realistic alternatives you have currently RCL maybe decided to notify cruisers later on their options that might actually be then realistic and will not be due to be cancelled again. Concerning cruises that were cancelled, this is all public information, what counts for the time being is that no final payment needs to be made and chosing of future options can also wait a few more months when we know a bit better how the near to mid term future in the cruise industry might look.

I contacted Royal near the end of January to inquire about my reservation for a June 2021 8-day because the final payment was due in one week.  Was told it had been cancelled.  The same for my August 2021 8-day.  Both were booked directly with Royal Caribbean, and I had not received any notification from Royal.  So, even if no TA in the mix, do not expect Royal Caribbean to initiate contact.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

No email yet from my TA about my cancelled May cruise. Hopefully the default still is “ do nothing and get 125% FCC”. 
There was a RCI cancellation site where you could go and action your request yourself but I can’t find it now....  @Ourusualbeach can you help please?

We haven't had notification of our May cruises being cancelled. 

Our son got an email straight away giving him the options. Default is the 125% fcc, to be received by 16th April. To get 125% fcc for on board purchases, you have to opt in before 23rd March. 

Thanks.

Just need to get my FCC certificate from Tui for my lost deposit then for cancelled 2021 cruise (presume it’s the £300 plus 25%) then get my new TA to transfer all the credits to the cruise in 2022. I’ve got the other certificates for £2268. 
How do they go about securing my $1200 on board credit to this cruise. I do have information that I have £990 in on board credit for the cancelled 2021cruise by means of a print out of my cruise planner (converts to $1200). 

47 minutes ago, Brit-Cruiser said:

We haven't had notification of our May cruises being cancelled. 

Our son got an email straight away giving him the options. Default is the 125% fcc, to be received by 16th April. To get 125% fcc for on board purchases, you have to opt in before 23rd March. 

I received this message but it give NO instructions on who, where nor how to initiate the "opt-in".  Can anyone provide a link or instructions of how to do this?  Thanks.

43 minutes ago, cnice515 said:

I received this message but it give NO instructions on who, where nor how to initiate the "opt-in".  Can anyone provide a link or instructions of how to do this?  Thanks.

The 125% FCC is automatic and nothing needs to be done.  If you want to opt in to the 125% cruise planner credit just give them a call

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 125% FCC is automatic and nothing needs to be done.  If you want to opt in to the 125% cruise planner credit just give them a call

The  message did state that the 125% FCC is automatic but when I went to book a future cruise under my account it was not applying any money to the booking, is there a trick?